Comments on Profile Post by DaMafiaGamer

1. triturbo
    triturbo
    FX 3700, FX 3800 is MXM 3 Type B which is different connector. Then I'm not sure if it would fit physically in your machine, as it is MXM 2.1 Type II, where's the GPU is MXM 2.1 Type HE (taller). You have to check that out first. There's also the additional power supply tab on MXM-HE machines, which yours might lack, since it's MXM-II. These aside it should work. Nice upgrade on the 7710!
    Apr 29, 2018
    DaMafiaGamer likes this.
  2. DaMafiaGamer
    DaMafiaGamer
    I will buy the FX 3700, someone in the gpu upgrade forum for the 8920g mentioned that the card ran fine even without the he adapter connected.
    But he said that the internal display was blank and that the gpu only worked with the hdmi plugged in. If there is a way to fix this I will defo buy as the drivers do install.

Thanks, that upgrade was a headache, but I'm glad I did it.
    May 2, 2018
  3. DaMafiaGamer
    DaMafiaGamer
    May 2, 2018
  4. triturbo
    triturbo
    Should work, but I can't tell for certain. As for the FX 3700, if you manage to find different vBIOSes, you might give them a go, some might work just right.
    May 2, 2018
    DaMafiaGamer likes this.
  5. DaMafiaGamer
    DaMafiaGamer
    Thanks for all your help man, the last thing I want to ask is about the bsel mod for socket p so I can use a x9100 in the machine. Which pins do I need to join to downlock the fsb? Can you show an image if possible as there is not much evidence on the internet.
    May 3, 2018
  6. triturbo
  7. DaMafiaGamer
    DaMafiaGamer
    Thank you man
    May 4, 2018