Comments on Profile Post by Bailante

1. omega939
    omega939
    yep. I did upgraded my gt60 from 680m to 970m. All I did was to dremel some parts of the gpu heatsink to fit into the 970m and all is perfect. my 970m running smoothly and I love it!!! hehe
    Apr 30, 2015
  2. Bailante
    Bailante
    Thanks for answering! As for BIOS - Talon's post says "just update to the latest version on MSI website"... But then there is a red remark about Ivy Bridge systems that they would need 51x...
    My nb is MSI GT70 0NE-452US (E1762IMS.50T) - do you think I would need 51x? And if yes - where do people usually get it?
    Thank you again!
    Apr 30, 2015
  3. omega939
    omega939
    If I where you, ask svet in msi forums. I was the first one in msi forums who gave the 51x bios to svet to unlock it for me and of course he used that bios for people looking for the latest bios with ivy bridge nb. But the original bios came from Itzzent. he gave that to me and I just updated my nb without hassle, re-updated it again with unlock bios thanks to svet.
    Apr 30, 2015
  4. Bailante
    Bailante
    Alright - will talk to Svet - thanks a lot!
    Apr 30, 2015
  5. Bailante
    Bailante
    Omega - do you still need to modify INF with that 51x BIOS? (I got myself one from Svet - thanks!)
    Or does it work okay with 51x and Clevo vBios - without driver mod?
    May 1, 2015
  6. omega939
    omega939
    you need to modify inf drivers. Don't update vbios of your 9xxm card to msi one's. That is if you have an ivy bridge processor. Else if you update to MSI vbios then after installing the drivers and make a reboot, you're windows will turn blank screen.
    May 3, 2015
  7. Bailante
    Bailante
    Roger that - so basically go with 51x BIOS, native Clevo vBIOS and modified 350 inf. Gosh all this theorycrafting, card still has not arrived :D
    May 3, 2015
  8. omega939
    omega939
    yep. 51x bios and with native clevo vbios. much better if you get svl7 vbios. prema vbios is ok. but idle and load is much hotter because prema mod voltage is much higher compared to svl7. I am using svl7 as this is much cooler with my nb.
    May 4, 2015
  9. Bailante
    Bailante
    Need some help - after modded driver has installed - and in the hardware manager I do see NVIDIA 970M now.

HOWEVER - Geforce experience does not run, the card in the hardware manager is with the exclamation sign, and nvidiainspector would not run either... Stuck there - any suggestions?
    May 14, 2015