Quantcast CF-19 Gobi-2000 card isn't recognized.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default CF-19 Gobi-2000 card isn't recognized.

Hello,

I just got my Gobi2000 card today, but the computer doesn't seam to recognize that I have inserted the card.

My computer model: CF-19CDBAXVE
    I am using Windows 7 at the moment.
    I have installed "Sierra_Wireless_Gobi2000_v1.1.180" and "MotionCMSetup_V26014"

Also I noticed that I only had one coax cable free at the back, in the pictures that I have seen everyone seem to have two. You can see some pictures of it below.

The first picture is of the bottomside of the card, and the second is of the top side and the cable that I now have connected to "main". (no cable to aux)

Thanks,
    Last edited by Mr.Tough; 10th December 2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Resized images

Toughbook Aficionado

Default Re: CF-19 Gobi-2000 card isn't recognized.

Dude... you don't have the GOBI card in there... it's not even in the slot...

In that second pic it should be in that slot there...

There SHOULD be 2 antennas... not sure on that one...
    ~Rob - Rugged Depot LLC - (630)/300-8877~
    ~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
    ~New 7/30/13 - CF-C2ACAZXLM/I5 1.8GHz/8GB RAM/500GB 7200 RPM HD/Digitizer/Blueteeth/Verizon 4G LTE/Win 8.1~
    ~For the wife (New 3/20/14): Sony Vaio 21.5" hybrid desktopCore i5 4200U 1.6GHz/8GB RAM/500GB 7200RPM Hybrid SSD/Webcam/Win 8.1~
    ~Gamber & Johnson Diamond Partner~
    ~Comcast 50MB/10MB static line~
    ~Owner of:

http://toughwiki.com,
    http://robsnetworks.com,
    Toughbook RANT

Notebook Deity

Gobi is not supported by Panasonic on the CF-19 Mk1. There is a trick to make it work. Maybe the trickster will chime in.
    Glen

CF-M34 Mk6, CF-72 Mk2, CF-18 Mk5, CF-19 Mk2,
    CF-29 Mk1, CF-29 Mk4x2, CF-29 Mk5, CF-30 Mk1,
    CF-30 Mk2, CF-74 Mk3, CF-51 Mk3LL, CF-T5 Mk3, CF-W8 and a Let's Note AL-N2

Toughbook Moderator
    On The Bordor Of Maine / New Brunswick , Canada

When you went to Windows 7 did you upgrade to the newer BIOS ?
    Blair

http://thessdreview.com/Forums
    CF-19 MK2 Emissive KB CF-29 MK3 / 5 *
    CF-30MK2 + GPS CF-M34 MK3 / 7 *
    CF-51 MK3's Core 2
    Duo CF-52 MK1 / MK2 /
    CF-52 MK4 (i5) * CF-53 MK1 (i5) * CF-74MK3 / 4

Let me teach you to easily search this site! Replace the word "TEST" for your search!

Notebook Enthusiast

What Rob said- One way to tell which wires are for wwan or blue tooth. Open the side plastic covers for the LCD where the antenna boards located and see which wires soldered to which boards(the imprints are on the boards; example wwan, wlan, blue tooth, etc...) I did not see the brown wire for the aux antenna. The first picture looks like a blue tooth antenna. On the second picture, there is a slot for the mini PCI-E card. You can use this slot for wwan, 4G wimax; if you have 4G service in your city like Clear (Gobi is for wwan, can be ATT, Verizon, Sprint etc... for 4G you can get a wimax card like the full height intel 512 on ebay for about $15). I have cf-19 mk2 winxp with Gobi 1000 configured to all( when you install the Gobi driver; it called CSA or something like that, it will give you the option to install just one specific carrier or install all and upload the connection manager for different carriers as needed). Hope this will help you.

Notebook Guru

May be he is using a non white listed gobi card, not for panasonic, so he had to use the motion computer's driver,I guess the card is from China.
    CF-19 mk2 Core 2 Duo
    ... GPS,250G HD,4G RAM,standard keyboard + rubber backlit KB as option,
    Novatel EU860D module (unlocked) installed,+ Sierra MC5720 (unlocked) as option.

Notebook Enthusiast

Seems like I have to clarify a few things

Quote Originally Posted by Rob™ View Post
    Dude... you don't have the GOBI card in there... it's not even in the slot...

In that second pic it should be in that slot there...

There SHOULD be 2 antennas... not sure on that one...
    I am aware that I do not have the Gobi card inserted on that picture, I though it would be best since I seem to be missing a cable.

Here is a picture of it inserted :P

I connected the cable that was there to the main-port on the Gobi-card.

Quote Originally Posted by db04p71 View Post
    Gobi is not supported by Panasonic on the CF-19 Mk1. There is a trick to make it work. Maybe the trickster will chime in.
    Okay, thanks, I hadn't heard this before.

Quote Originally Posted by toughasnails View Post
    When you went to Windows 7 did you upgrade to the newer BIOS ?
    I have no memory of updating it, but since I have Windows 7 shouldn't it already be up to date. I though that updated bios was needed to install Windows Vista/Windows 7. Could this be the reason to why the computer doesn't seem to see the card?

Quote Originally Posted by Skytop View Post
    What Rob said- One way to tell which wires are for wwan or blue tooth. Open the side plastic covers for the LCD where the antenna boards located and see which wires soldered to which boards(the imprints are on the boards; example wwan, wlan, blue tooth, etc...) I did not see the brown wire for the aux antenna. The first picture looks like a blue tooth antenna. On the second picture, there is a slot for the mini PCI-E card. You can use this slot for wwan, 4G wimax; if you have 4G service in your city like Clear (Gobi is for wwan, can be ATT, Verizon, Sprint etc... for 4G you can get a wimax card like the full height intel 512 on ebay for about $15). I have cf-19 mk2 winxp with Gobi 1000 configured to all( when you install the Gobi driver; it called CSA or something like that, it will give you the option to install just one specific carrier or install all and upload the connection manager for different carriers as needed). Hope this will help you.
    It is not really the wwan function that I was after, it is the GPS function. (the wwan function is just a bonus). My guess is that the blue cable is for the bluetooth, since I haven't touched it and it works, I also have a black and gray cable to the wifi-card. But the brown wire for the aux antenna is as you say gone.

But, the computer should recognize the card even though the cable is missing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tango_tough View Post
    May be he is using a non white listed gobi card, not for panasonic, so he had to use the motion computer's driver,I guess the card is from China.
    Yes, the card is from China, the drivers that I have installed was supplied from the seller. (In the text it clearly states that the card works fine with Panasonic computers.) The price wasn't the best but I though it would be worth it to have no problems with the installation :P

Sierra Gobi2000 HSPA/EV-DO+GPS for PANASONIC TOUGHBOOK CF-19/30/31 | eBay
    Last edited by Mr.Tough; 10th December 2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Resized image

Notebook Deity

The Vista BIOS will be V1.01L16 and Embedded Controller will be V1.10L11.

The important number is V1.01

Available here:
    http://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/down..._1_r070207.exe
    Glen

CF-M34 Mk6, CF-72 Mk2, CF-18 Mk5, CF-19 Mk2,
    CF-29 Mk1, CF-29 Mk4x2, CF-29 Mk5, CF-30 Mk1,
    CF-30 Mk2, CF-74 Mk3, CF-51 Mk3LL, CF-T5 Mk3, CF-W8 and a Let's Note AL-N2

Toughbook Aficionado

I've pulled a GOBI 1000 out of a CF-19 and the jumpers were as follows:

ON ON, OFF OFF

Index of ./CF-19 Stuff/Correct CF-19 GOBI 1000 WWAN Dip Switch Settings/

remember that you have to pull the battery out and wait 5 minutes and hit the power button to make sure any residule power is gone!

Good luck!
    ~Rob - Rugged Depot LLC - (630)/300-8877~
    ~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
    ~New 7/30/13 - CF-C2ACAZXLM/I5 1.8GHz/8GB RAM/500GB 7200 RPM HD/Digitizer/Blueteeth/Verizon 4G LTE/Win 8.1~
    ~For the wife (New 3/20/14): Sony Vaio 21.5" hybrid desktopCore i5 4200U 1.6GHz/8GB RAM/500GB 7200RPM Hybrid SSD/Webcam/Win 8.1~
    ~Gamber & Johnson Diamond Partner~
    ~Comcast 50MB/10MB static line~
    ~Owner of:

http://toughwiki.com,
    http://robsnetworks.com,
    Toughbook RANT

Toughbook Moderator
    On The Bordor Of Maine / New Brunswick , Canada

Go here Panasonic Toughbook Computer Support Downloads and search all drivers
    and then operating system click "Vista upgrade". It will list all the drivers you need .
    After you upgrade the BIOS you will be able to install the misc driver which is
    needed to install about 5 other drivers. There is a thread on this some where,
    Last edited by toughasnails; 6th December 2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Blair

http://thessdreview.com/Forums
    CF-19 MK2 Emissive KB CF-29 MK3 / 5 *
    CF-30MK2 + GPS CF-M34 MK3 / 7 *
    CF-51 MK3's Core 2
    Duo CF-52 MK1 / MK2 /
    CF-52 MK4 (i5) * CF-53 MK1 (i5) * CF-74MK3 / 4

Let me teach you to easily search this site! Replace the word "TEST" for your search!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast