Quantcast CF-52 disassembly question.

Closed Thread
    Notebook Consultant

Default CF-52 disassembly question.

I am about to start taking apart a CF-52 I have here at work, are there any special instructions or steps I should be aware of on the CF-52?. I have taken apart over 50 CF-29, CF-30's just never had to mess with a CF-52 till just now because they were all still under warranty. Also on a side note, is there any way to perform a hardware diagnostic test on a toughbook?. The reason I am asking is because I have 36 CF-29's mark 3's and mark 5's all with some issue as small as malfunctioning touch screen, to speaker does not work, to will not power up and probably loads of other problems.

Waiting 4 sanity 2 return

Default Re: CF-52 disassembly question.

I never disassembled a 52, but I have done many other semi rugged models.
    Best advise is to take your time. They are more difficult to tear apart than a fully rugged model.
    CF30F Mk2-1.6ghz,touchscreen,120gb SSD,Ext Wifi antenna jack,Ublox GPS,DVD RW DL,Emissive Keyboard with hotkey icons,Media bay battery,Ubiquiti SR71e 400mw Wifi,Ext GPS antenna jack,
    CF52G Mk2-2.26ghz,300gb SSD,320gb media bay IDE HDD,Intel 5300 802.11n,Bluray,Backlit Keyboard

Motion Computing C5v Tablet,Core i5 1.06ghz,64gb SSD,4gb,digitizer USB.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Albert Einstein.

Notebook Consultant

I was wondering the same thing because, are there some hidden screws that I need to take off before the bottom cover comes off, how many screws hold the keyboard in? just that type of advise.

Waiting 4 sanity 2 return

You have a PM
    CF30F Mk2-1.6ghz,touchscreen,120gb SSD,Ext Wifi antenna jack,Ublox GPS,DVD RW DL,Emissive Keyboard with hotkey icons,Media bay battery,Ubiquiti SR71e 400mw Wifi,Ext GPS antenna jack,
    CF52G Mk2-2.26ghz,300gb SSD,320gb media bay IDE HDD,Intel 5300 802.11n,Bluray,Backlit Keyboard

Motion Computing C5v Tablet,Core i5 1.06ghz,64gb SSD,4gb,digitizer USB.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Albert Einstein.