Quantcast CF-30C SMBus Controller driver?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default CF-30C SMBus Controller driver?

I have a CF-30C3P26BM and this one under Device management has a yellow exclamation mark for SMBUS Controller. can anyone guide me on how to fix that please. I have searched on the forum and cannot find the information I need.

Super Moderator

Default Re: CF-30C SMBus Controller driver?

If you are running xp
    Download and install
    http://www.panasonic.ca/PDP/Drivers/..._1_d051100.exe
    It's the chipset drivers for your model and will install drivers for the system management bus

Alex
    I'm not shy, I'm just studying my prey

Notebook Consultant

thank you Tomcat it worked. and now I have a new issue that arose from that fix. now I have an exclamation mark on USB device? everything was running great until I got that other error fixed. this one has me confused because I have never had any issues with any of the USB slots.

Crusty Ol' TinkerDwagon

Assuming you don't have a malfunctioning USB device, I'd guess your USB Driver stack needs to be reinstalled; once you have the SMBUS/Chipset driver installed, Windows can monitor things like current overload and USB Controller revisions.

Try disabling the USB Host controllers, then uninstall each instance of the USB Root Hub, then uninstall each Host Controller.

Windows won't let you uninstall the Host Controller while there are active Root Hubs, and if you just uninstall the Root Hubs, they reinstall while you're trying to uninstall the Controllers - coming back from the dead like Sammael from Hellboy.

Once that's done, reboot & let it rebuild the USB stack; now that the SMBUS drivers are working, they should integrate properly with the USB drivers.

mnem
    USB? Universally Silly Bus?
    CF-29Mk5 Pentium M 1.6Ghz/1.5GB/160GB/TouchScreen/Backlit KB
    Thanks Rick, Alex, Rob, Doobi, Silver Trooper, Teo, Azrial, rusty503, cap'n, sadlmkr, Driller, TopCop, Blair, Ken & EVERYBODY else in the ToughBook Forums!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Now "Liberated" and Fighting Evil in the wilds of Texico: CF-28Mk3 768MB/30GB Touch w/internal WiFi & antenna hack, internal USB2.0/Bluetooth hack Currently flogging Dell 1330XPS & HP TC1100 Tablet PC

Say a prayer for my geeky Dwagon ar$e!

Super Moderator

Remember the rule on new windows installations ,and this has been true for many years

After windows is fresh loaded ,next is the windows service packs,and then motherboard

chipset drivers

If this is not followed there could be problems

Alex
    I'm not shy, I'm just studying my prey

Notebook Consultant

I have two toughbooks and the CF-29 is the one that ahd a fresh XP install. to Mnementh that procedure did not work. It removed the exclamation mark when I disabled the second host controller but when I rebooted it came back. I don't really know what the problem could be because all three of my USB slot work good. I really do appreciate any members that could pitch in and help me with this, thank you all in advance.

Crusty Ol' TinkerDwagon

What IS the error message associated with the exclamation point?

mnem
    Mmmhmmm...
    Thanks Rick, Alex, Rob, Doobi, Silver Trooper, Teo, Azrial, rusty503, cap'n, sadlmkr, Driller, TopCop, Blair, Ken & EVERYBODY else in the ToughBook Forums!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Now "Liberated" and Fighting Evil in the wilds of Texico: CF-28Mk3 768MB/30GB Touch w/internal WiFi & antenna hack, internal USB2.0/Bluetooth hack Currently flogging Dell 1330XPS & HP TC1100 Tablet PC

Notebook Consultant

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28). that is all that is present in the manage devices window.

Crusty Ol' TinkerDwagon

I wonder if it's some internal USB device, like a Touchscreen driver or CF Card reader...

mnem<~~~ Cogitating ~~~<<<

Drop and Give Me 20!
    People's Republic of Maryland - Land of Taxes!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat57 View Post
    Remember the rule on new windows installations ,and this has been true for many years

After windows is fresh loaded ,next is the windows service packs,and then motherboard

chipset drivers

If this is not followed there could be problems

Alex
    Alex,

Are you saying on a new installation that you should upgrade/update Windoe first and THEN ntall the chipset driver?
    Panasonic CF-31 Toughbook - 2.53GHz i5 - Emissive Keyboard - 250GB HyperX SSD - 8GB RAM - GPS - Gobi WWAN - BT - DVD - Webcam - W7.

Work Laptop CF-30 - 120GB Kingston 300 Series SSD Hard Drive - Emissive Keyboard - 4GB RAM - W7 - DVD - Media Bay Battery -BT - Custom GPS - Flux Capacitor - US Nuclear Missile Codes!

Plus - A LOT of other Toughbooks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast