Quantcast CF-31 with 8GB RAM Win 7, 2.5GHZ processor and Blueray! - Page 2

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: CF-31 with 8GB RAM Win 7, 2.5GHZ processor and Blueray!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyo View Post
    Nice dreams, but far from reality.

The technology is not anywhere close to get HD Touch Screens made for durability.

Not too many current Toughbook owners have much time to watch Blue-Ray, and Panasonic knows that.

Headphone jacks are in the rear for the purpose of a docking station, which a very large majority of Toughbook owners have. LEO, Fire, etc in the vehicles.

Emmissive keyboard? Is your CF-30 not?

When the CF-30 MK3 was introduced it did have the latest Intel Card.

8GB's of ram you will get, along with the ability to use W7 64 Bit.

You might have a better chance of getting your dream machine from HP, minus the Toughness
    You are incorrect about the headphone jack. The docking station (which I also have) does not connect into the headphone jack. It connects via a large multi pin parallel connector. The headphone jack could be put up front.

My CF-30 did not have the emissive keyboard. I added it from Ebay.

I don't want to watch blue ray, I want the data storage. Watching it would be nice, but not needed by any stretch. And if they "knew" that we didn't have time to watch movies, why is the DVD player pretty much standard on the Mark III?

I'm just sayin'......
    CF-30 Mark III. Centrino Vpro, Emissive Keyboard, Gobi (which I still haven't figured out), card reader, DVD burner, bluetooth, 500gb HD, fingerprint, touchscreen, two batteries, outdated archaic and overpriced docking station, and a 3 year (2.4 left) everything under the sun warranty. But it's mine and I love it.

Notebook Deity

Your right about the headphone jack, I stand corrected.
    TOUGHBOOK CF-30 MK3 CF30KCKEQAM/SAMSUNG 470 256GB SSD/INTEL E-EXTREME SSD FOR BACKUP/4GB RAM/TOUCH/DUALPASSTHRU/BT/E KB/2ND BATTERY/SSD & SCREEN HTR/GOBI2K

TOUGHBOOK CF-30 MK2 CF30FDGEKAM/INTEL X-25M 80GB SSD/4GB RAM/NON-TOUCH/DUAL PASS THRU/BT/EKB/2ND BATTERY/EMBEDDED VERIZON

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Bono View Post
    You are incorrect about the headphone jack. The docking station (which I also have) does not connect into the headphone jack. It connects via a large multi pin parallel connector. The headphone jack could be put up front.

My CF-30 did not have the emissive keyboard. I added it from Ebay.

I don't want to watch blue ray, I want the data storage. Watching it would be nice, but not needed by any stretch. And if they "knew" that we didn't have time to watch movies, why is the DVD player pretty much standard on the Mark III?

I'm just sayin'......
    1. If the headphone jack is in the front you can't put the laptop on your lap. It will break off the jack.

2. We need DVDs to install software, OSs... etc etc. (DVDs are more then for just movies, we can't say the same about blueray)

my 4 cents.
    Dominik

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by gothed View Post
    1. If the headphone jack is in the front you can't put the laptop on your lap. It will break off the jack.

2. We need DVDs to install software, OSs... etc etc. (DVDs are more then for just movies, we can't say the same about blueray)

my 4 cents.
    Dominik
    Put the headphone jack behind the handle, or in a recessed point with a little rubber plug for weather. No breaky on lappy.. Problem solved.
    CF-30 Mark III. Centrino Vpro, Emissive Keyboard, Gobi (which I still haven't figured out), card reader, DVD burner, bluetooth, 500gb HD, fingerprint, touchscreen, two batteries, outdated archaic and overpriced docking station, and a 3 year (2.4 left) everything under the sun warranty. But it's mine and I love it.

Drop and Give Me 20!
    People's Republic of Maryland - Land of Taxes!

I agree with pretty much everyone else... If you want an Alienware laptop... Buy an Alienware laptop. These are made for ruggedness and durability, form and function. A jack up front means yet another port cover to break off.... Then there may be wires sticking out the front AND out the back.... that is an invitation to disaster. Mod yours.... A extra AV jack would be just about the simplest of all mods.

There is a method to their madness
    Panasonic CF-31 Toughbook - 2.53GHz i5 - Emissive Keyboard - 250GB HyperX SSD - 8GB RAM - GPS - Gobi WWAN - BT - DVD - Webcam - W7.

Work Laptop CF-30 - 120GB Kingston 300 Series SSD Hard Drive - Emissive Keyboard - 4GB RAM - W7 - DVD - Media Bay Battery -BT - Custom GPS - Flux Capacitor - US Nuclear Missile Codes!

Plus - A LOT of other Toughbooks!

Notebook Consultant

Maybe old news, but I did not see it before: the Toughbook Download Center has, among other things, the operating instructions for the upcoming CF-31, including a whole bunch of details about the machine: webcam, HDMI, up to 8GB memory (yay!), and a fan (ugh!).
    CF-19 Mk.2, GPS, UMTS, 4GB RAM, 64GB SLC-SSD

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
    Maybe old news, but I did not see it before: the Toughbook Download Center has, among other things, the operating instructions for the upcoming CF-31, including a whole bunch of details about the machine: webcam, HDMI, up to 8GB memory (yay!), and a fan (ugh!).
    OMG, you are right!

When will they officially announce it?

GOOD FIND.

It does appear to have a fan, and HDMI... ...

if the fan is true I will cry

Notebook Enthusiast

There putting and I5 and a radeon hd 5650 in this guy? This toughbook is going to be quite the machine, i wonder if its going to be any larger than the older models

Notebook Consultant

13 pounds, that makes it heavier, I believe.

but still... fans... I might as well get a cf52

Drop and Give Me 20!
    People's Republic of Maryland - Land of Taxes!

I would think that modding in a front headphone jack would be a piece of cake!

Speed = Heat = FAN.... Hmmmmm.....

Looks cool though...
    Panasonic CF-31 Toughbook - 2.53GHz i5 - Emissive Keyboard - 250GB HyperX SSD - 8GB RAM - GPS - Gobi WWAN - BT - DVD - Webcam - W7.

Work Laptop CF-30 - 120GB Kingston 300 Series SSD Hard Drive - Emissive Keyboard - 4GB RAM - W7 - DVD - Media Bay Battery -BT - Custom GPS - Flux Capacitor - US Nuclear Missile Codes!

Plus - A LOT of other Toughbooks!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast