Quantcast CF-19 Misc Driver Problems...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ToughBook DeityInTraining

Default CF-19 Misc Driver Problems...

I have one problem that remains on my 19mk1 with the Vista install (Win7 install)...

I am unable to load the following:

Panasonic Notification Application
    Loupe Utility
    Battery Recalibration Application

When trying to install each one, it stops with the error "Access to Panasonic Misc Driver was unsuccessful. Confirm whether the Panasonic Misc Driver is available."

Obviously, there is a problem with my Misc driver install, but it appeared to do what it was supposed to do, and shows up under util2/drivers. Am I supposed to copy/paste any of those files somewhere? I do have one question mark remaining under DM for an "unknown device", but does not accept any of the drivers in util2/drivers. thoughts????

FWIW, under util2/drivers I have the following:

hotkey
    intelinf
    meitbtn
    newmisc
    tscreen
    ~Paul
    "Philippians 4:6-7"
    http://bereadytogiveananswer.blogspot.com/

Panasonic CF-19 Toughbook MKI - 1.6Ghz - 100 GB 7200 RPM HD - 1.5GB of RAM - internal GPS - Internal WiFi - 13" Touchscreen - internal BT enabled - running Win 7 ultimate -

Anyone for a game? Look for Doobi!!
    http://www.letsplaychess.com

Super Moderator

Default Re: CF-19 Misc Driver Problems...

I have not been through the whole process on my W7 load yet on my cf-19 mk-1 so I can not say for sure whatís up

But I did have that very same issue when I first installed Vista oem on the cf-19
    Before I had restore disks
    I had the same message
    It was resolved with driver order
    There is more drivers than the ones located in C/utilities /drivers
    There is some in C/utilities

It was over one year ago and I think I had to put common components first, or second,sorry it was a long time ago
    I do know that it was very frustrating ,but I did resolve it
    I didnít give up lol
    There is a guide to driver install using vista on the Japan site it might help

Alex
    I'm not shy, I'm just studying my prey

Drop and Give Me 20!
    Back in Ol' Virginia! FINALLY! (Almost on the river!)

Doobi... Are you having issues having the driver unzip and go into the C:\Util\Driver folder or is it after that when you go into try to get it to install? If it doesn't want to unzip and create a folder... Force it to. Use WinRAR to unzip it to the folder you want and then go in and click on the EXE folder or install via Device Manager if needed.
    Panasonic CF-31 Toughbook - 2.53GHz i5 - Emissive Keyboard - 250GB HyperX SSD - 8GB RAM - GPS - Gobi WWAN - BT - DVD - Webcam - W7.

Work Laptop CF-30 - 120GB Kingston 300 Series SSD Hard Drive - Emissive Keyboard - 4GB RAM - W7 - DVD - Media Bay Battery -BT - Custom GPS - Flux Capacitor - US Nuclear Missile Codes!

Plus - A LOT of other Toughbooks!

It unzips perfect. It is after that. IMO, the misc driver loads as required, but the 3 apps that use it are not seeing it for some reason.

to TC: I found the post on the correct order of install and followed it to a T. It's like the third step I think that you load the misc driver, then are supposed to load the notification app. Since it failed, and I could not figure it out, I proceeded with the rest of the list. All other steps complete just fine, but when I get to the other two apps that use the misc driver, it fails, so I moved on. This was all under my Win7 attempt. I ended up getting a Vista OEM that included a free Win7 disk when its released so I did a fresh format/install of Vista and again followed the install order list as before. The same thing happens. I was thinking maybe I have the wrong misc driver, but only found two options for those both at panny's site, and toughbookdrivers.com site and tried them both. Same results. At this point, I am not frustrated at all, could really care less, but am OCD sometimes when it comes to Unidentified Devices in DM so just want that to go away!!! :-)

I really love the 19 and use it daily! I can't wait to get it "perfect". I am still waiting on Teo to add aftermarket GPS/Antenna, besides that and the driver issue, its a keeper!
    ~Paul

Panasonic CF-19 Toughbook MKI - 1.6Ghz - 100 GB 7200 RPM HD - 1.5GB of RAM - internal GPS - Internal WiFi - 13" Touchscreen - internal BT enabled - running Win 7 ultimate -

Notebook Deity

Doobie, i have toooooo much experience doing this lately!!

In the DM, what is the # under the driver details? Is it 19 or 21? you have to make sure it's the right one.

Under system devices in Dm do you see Hotkey Driver For Panasonic PC? You should also see Panasonic Misc Driver.

Let us know.
    TOUGHBOOK CF-30 MK3 CF30KCKEQAM/SAMSUNG 470 256GB SSD/INTEL E-EXTREME SSD FOR BACKUP/4GB RAM/TOUCH/DUALPASSTHRU/BT/E KB/2ND BATTERY/SSD & SCREEN HTR/GOBI2K

TOUGHBOOK CF-30 MK2 CF30FDGEKAM/INTEL X-25M 80GB SSD/4GB RAM/NON-TOUCH/DUAL PASS THRU/BT/EKB/2ND BATTERY/EMBEDDED VERIZON

Ok, thanks Teo. +rep to you. Using your comment, I downloaded the misc driver file for XP, not Vista, and it installed correctly. I was then able to install the Notification app, the Loupe Utility, and the Battery Recalibration!!! WOOHOO!!!

I still have an unknown device in DM; under details here is what it says:

USB\VID_0C24&PID_000E&REV_1915
    USB\VID_0C24&PID_000E

I believe it MIGHT be bluetooth. I am pretty sure I had BT on this machine, but can't remember for sure. I found some BT drivers for XP on Panny's site so I will be giving that a shot. If that doesn't work, any ideas??
    ~Paul

Drop and Give Me 20!
    Back in Ol' Virginia! FINALLY! (Almost on the river!)

Quote Originally Posted by Doobi View Post

I believe it MIGHT be bluetooth. I am pretty sure I had BT on this machine, but can't remember for sure. I found some BT drivers for XP on Panny's site so I will be giving that a shot. If that doesn't work, any ideas??

Dood... Check your model number!
    Panasonic CF-31 Toughbook - 2.53GHz i5 - Emissive Keyboard - 250GB HyperX SSD - 8GB RAM - GPS - Gobi WWAN - BT - DVD - Webcam - W7.

Work Laptop CF-30 - 120GB Kingston 300 Series SSD Hard Drive - Emissive Keyboard - 4GB RAM - W7 - DVD - Media Bay Battery -BT - Custom GPS - Flux Capacitor - US Nuclear Missile Codes!

Plus - A LOT of other Toughbooks!

Super Moderator

Here is a link to another post
    It has the same id # , and yess its bluetooth
    Help Drivers CF19-MK1

Alex
    I'm not shy, I'm just studying my prey

Quote Originally Posted by Toughbook View Post
    Dood... Check your model number!
    OMG, DUH!!! I may be the dumbest genious you've ever met!
    ~Paul

Well, yes it should be the BT driver but I can't seem to get a bead on the correct one. I have tried these:

bluet_1930_22_d070843
    bluet-ver6_00_11(p)-1930-33-xpxpvi-d081457

These are the only ones I could find on the Panny site and toughbookdrivers.com. Does anyone know the correct one to use for the MK1?
    ~Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast