Quantcast CF-29 touchscreen recalibration

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Notebook Evangelist

Default CF-29 touchscreen recalibration

I need to recalibrate the touchscreen on my CF-29 but for the life of me can't find the app to do so! Where is it!?!
    CF-19KHRAGAM | Mac Mini | MacBook Pro | Macbook Air | HP ProLiant MicroServer | HP DL360 & DL380's... I have issues. But it's all relative. :d

Super Moderator

Default Re: CF-29 touchscreen recalibration

Does it not show up near the clock in the taskbar?

Alex
    I'm not shy, I'm just studying my prey

Notebook Evangelist

Noo... the only Panasonic thing in the system tray is the Hotkey Manager.
    CF-19KHRAGAM | Mac Mini | MacBook Pro | Macbook Air | HP ProLiant MicroServer | HP DL360 & DL380's... I have issues. But it's all relative. :d

Notebook Consultant

If you go to Control panel then Mouse, you should have a Touchscreen tab.

There is a button in there to start the calibration sequence.
    Robert Jenkins
    Present machine: CF-30Mk3, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Touchscreen, bluetooth, wwan etc.
    Previously:CF-29 Mk 3, 1.5GB Ram, 160GB HDD, UJ851 Lightscribe DVD, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS.
    CF-28 Mk 3, 768MB Ram, 160GB HDD, UJ850 DVD, WiFi, also CF-27 266 MHz, CF-27 300 MHz.

Notebook Evangelist

thank you!

Toughbook Modder
    Puerto Galera, (Phils.-The land of stupid trapo.,corrupt Justices & politician) But I am now in B.C.

Also in addition to that, you can go to util. and look for a touchscreen driver. From there, you can click the calibration tool.

ohlip
    CF-19MK3 toughbook(LED backlight) dual boot xp&win7, CF-30MK3, CF-31AGA..8GB RAM, 250GB SSD, 50Channel U-blox GPS, Few cf-29's, CF-m34's, cf-18's, CF-28STM(1.0Gb RAM), the new member Gobook XR-1(2.0Ghz Custom EM408 GPS sirf III with 25dB active antena) & Getav V100(1.4ghz) core 2 duo
    , GETAC B300 (Core 2 duo), Getac B300-X i7 with 1,400nit, 50 Channel u-blox GPS
    --------------------------------------------------
    "Every goverment is run by liars and nothing they say should be believed"

Notebook Evangelist

just to bring this thread back up, I'm having some problems with my touchscreen now. Not that it doesn't work, but it continually loses partial calibration. That is, I calibrate it, works fine for about 10 minutes, then the lower half of the screen starts losing it - the pointer slowly moves further and further south from where I poke, but the top half is just fine!!

Anybody else run into this problem? I've tried to clean the perimeter of the LCD bezel with a thin piece of plastic thinking something might be wedged in there, but no luck.

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by canuckcam View Post
    just to bring this thread back up, I'm having some problems with my touchscreen now. Not that it doesn't work, but it continually loses partial calibration. That is, I calibrate it, works fine for about 10 minutes, then the lower half of the screen starts losing it - the pointer slowly moves further and further south from where I poke, but the top half is just fine!!

Anybody else run into this problem? I've tried to clean the perimeter of the LCD bezel with a thin piece of plastic thinking something might be wedged in there, but no luck.
    I have had this problem on a few of mine, does you screen feel like it sags? because it seems like that's what it is
    CF-29L Toughbook 1.6GHz 1.5GB RAM, 160GB Hard drive, T-Mobile Broadband, DVD/RW Drive, Aftermarket GPS with Geohelix Antenna, Aftermarket Bluetooth, Internally Mounted 32GB Flash Drive
    Dell Mini 9 Hackintosh OSX 32GB SSD, 2GB RAM
    HP Pavillion DV6000 Windows 7 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM, Aftermarket bluetooth

Notebook Evangelist

yeahh... seems like the pointer accuracy slowly sags towards the bottom...!

Drop and Give Me 20!
    Back in Ol' Virginia! FINALLY! (Almost on the river!)

Look for crap between the screen bezel and the screen and also crap wedged between the touchpad and the housing...

Psycho.... Yours is a different issue.

This brings up something that I've been wanting to ask. I have a laptop that was a prior PD laptop. It was a "Secure" build meaning that everything was locked down with Torx security screws so the average end user couldn't take it apart or remove the battery or hard drive. It is Touchscreen equipped and it is enabled in the BIOS... But no Touchscreen. I have two of them the same way.... Psycho has the same issue. I just installed a fresh OS via Recovery Disks so I know there is no driver issue. I did dig out a ton of crap between the bezel and the screen and also the obligatory donut crumbs from under the touchpad housing. Anyone have an idea where someone would do a hardware interrupt on the touchscreen? I cannot believe that ALL these Toughbooks have bad touchscreens.
    Panasonic CF-31 Toughbook - 2.53GHz i5 - Emissive Keyboard - 250GB HyperX SSD - 8GB RAM - GPS - Gobi WWAN - BT - DVD - Webcam - W7.

Work Laptop CF-30 - 120GB Kingston 300 Series SSD Hard Drive - Emissive Keyboard - 4GB RAM - W7 - DVD - Media Bay Battery -BT - Custom GPS - Flux Capacitor - US Nuclear Missile Codes!

Plus - A LOT of other Toughbooks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast