Quantcast Toughbook Power Supply - Page 2

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Notebook Deity
    Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

Default Re: Toughbook Power Supply

You can get 16V power supplies that fit a toughbook for $11 shipped on ebay. Just spend the $$ and be done with it.

Notebook Evangelist

Well i was hoping that it would work in all of them as i am getting a cf-18 in soon and it does not come with an AC adapter.

Now i can just use my CF-30 adapter.

Thanks Guys

-James
    CF-19CDBAAVM - 1.06 Core Duo, Digitizer, 320gb 7200rpm HDD, 4gb Ram, Internal Sprint EVDO Rev. A, Bluetooth, OEM Fingerprint reader, Vista Business, Computrace LoJack Protected

Toughbook Modder
    Puerto Galera, (Phils.-The land of stupid trapo.,corrupt Justices & politician) But I am now in B.C.

tolerable voltage amount to be safe is +/- 5%

ohlip
    CF-19MK3 toughbook(LED backlight) dual boot xp&win7, CF-30MK3, CF-31AGA..8GB RAM, 250GB SSD, 50Channel U-blox GPS, Few cf-29's, CF-m34's, cf-18's, CF-28STM(1.0Gb RAM), the new member Gobook XR-1(2.0Ghz Custom EM408 GPS sirf III with 25dB active antena) & Getav V100(1.4ghz) core 2 duo
    , GETAC B300 (Core 2 duo), Getac B300-X i7 with 1,400nit, 50 Channel u-blox GPS
    --------------------------------------------------
    "Every goverment is run by liars and nothing they say should be believed"

Notebook Consultant

Am in need of two DC supplies for use in a car with our CF-28's and came upon this unit ($14. each plus $8. shipping):
    http://www.my-batteries.com/laptop-d...nic-cf-28.htm#

Anyone used one and have a review, please?

I know that some of the cheaper "universal" supplies have been prone to failure in the past. This one is rated at 80W (I presume Output) which would be more than enough for a CF-28 (15V @ 4A).

WDYT, please?
    Thanks! doc
    Toughbook CF-28 & CF-29 (Puppy Linux only - MS-free).

Notebook Consultant

A little more research netted this Targus 90W model for $45. plus $7.49 shipping (to me):
    http://www.pricegrabber.com/user_sal...lot_id=7377751

Anyone tried this device, please?

Sure hate buying a pig-in-the-poke if I can avoid that! At the same time if the $14. model is reliable & safe why spend $50.+?
    Thanks! doc
    Toughbook CF-28 & CF-29 (Puppy Linux only - MS-free).

The Curmudgeon

Doc,
    With a little patience you can grab a Lind on eBay for around $20 shipped. They are built better than the Toughbooks!
    Cap
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison
    CF-29 MK4, 160GB, 1.5GB RAM, XP SP3
    CF-18 MK4 Digitizer, 160GB, 1.5GB RAM, GPS, XP SP3
    CF-07 MK2, 20GB, 256MB RAM, XP CF-VDW07 & CF-VDL02

Notebook Deity
    Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

Quote Originally Posted by kd4e View Post
    Am in need of two DC supplies for use in a car with our CF-28's and came upon this unit ($14. each plus $8. shipping):
    http://www.my-batteries.com/laptop-d...nic-cf-28.htm#

Anyone used one and have a review, please?

I know that some of the cheaper "universal" supplies have been prone to failure in the past. This one is rated at 80W (I presume Output) which would be more than enough for a CF-28 (15V @ 4A).

WDYT, please?
    at that price, its gotta be worth a try. i don't get why they're advertising a universal P/S as something particular to a CF-28 though..

Notebook Consultant

Hey Doc
    I've tried 2 of those and both promptly died after a few weeks of use.
    I tore one of them apart after the last one burned-up and found the quality
    below par, one of the FET's had unsoldered itself ..probably why it self-destructed. When they die they smoke up quite a bit, usually there's a melted case involved too.
    If they used better heatsinks inside they may have lasted longer...
    I eventually sprang for the Lind. No problems so far, running it daily for 6 months.
    Regards
    Feedback always welcome, Whether smart answers or intelligent replies.. Thank you

CF-29LTQGWBM 1.6G, 1.5G mem, 160MB, DVDR, Emissive KB,
    XP/Linux, WWAN, GPS, WiFi, Touchscreen

CF-28mk3 1GB, 60MB 7200, Rubber KB, XP/Linux, DVDR , Touchscreen, Atheros AR5006 A/B/G WiFi ,Modded and tuned RIM antenna. EM-408 GPS with Geohelix active antenna.

Notebook Deity

Maybe this will help clear some things up.

I called Lind tech support yesterday since my new AC/DC power supply was only putting out 15.3 volts. We talked for awhile about the power requirements and such. He said they have tested the CF-30 from 13 to 20 volts without any problems at all. He said they have a very robust power regulation in them. He said for me not too worry at all. I just wanted to make sure the piece was no defective at all.
    TOUGHBOOK CF-30 MK3 CF30KCKEQAM/SAMSUNG 470 256GB SSD/INTEL E-EXTREME SSD FOR BACKUP/4GB RAM/TOUCH/DUALPASSTHRU/BT/E KB/2ND BATTERY/SSD & SCREEN HTR/GOBI2K

TOUGHBOOK CF-30 MK2 CF30FDGEKAM/INTEL X-25M 80GB SSD/4GB RAM/NON-TOUCH/DUAL PASS THRU/BT/EKB/2ND BATTERY/EMBEDDED VERIZON

Notebook Evangelist

I'd say at 13v, it would pull more current, while if fed 20v, it would use less? The Macbook Pro monitors the input voltage and seems to stop charging the battery if it sees less than 15v. I'm sure all laptops do something similar... just that I can't bear frying my Toughbook, and the MBP was under warranty. :P
    CF-19KHRAGAM | Mac Mini | MacBook Pro | Macbook Air | HP ProLiant MicroServer | HP DL360 & DL380's... I have issues. But it's all relative. :d

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast