Quantcast CES 2013: Microsoft is Gone, But Not Forgotten Discussion

+ Reply to Thread
    Notebook Consultant

Default CES 2013: Microsoft is Gone, But Not Forgotten Discussion

With Microsoft absent from both the show floor and the keynote podium, CES 2013 will still spout reams of software, although the new offerings will be widely spread out across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Web, and even TV platforms.

New software programs, apps, and cloud-enabled services will range across categories that include travel, health, business productivity, music, movie entertainment, home energy, corporate device management, and just about any others you can imagine. 

Read the full content of this Article: CES 2013: Microsoft is Gone, But Not Forgotten

Related Articles:

Notebook Virtuoso

Default Re: CES 2013: Microsoft is Gone, But Not Forgotten Discussion

Looks like these trade shows are no longer necessary for the big companies to attend. Apple has completely abandoned Macworld and now Microsoft is following suit with CES. Not as much fun looking forward to either event anymore. Microsoft may have been the only company that actually put out to retail what they were showing at CES anyway so without them CES will undoubtedly be just a vaporware show.
    My iBook G3 runs Circles around your Core i7 Notebook............as long as I'm carrying the iBook and doing the running.

Minister of Awesome

?

I think Lenovo has brought out everything I saw at CES last year, for example, as do tons of other companies.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
    Looks like these trade shows are no longer necessary for the big companies to attend. Apple has completely abandoned Macworld and now Microsoft is following suit with CES. Not as much fun looking forward to either event anymore. Microsoft may have been the only company that actually put out to retail what they were showing at CES anyway so without them CES will undoubtedly be just a vaporware show.
    For computers maybe, but there are other interesting things at CES anyways.
    Lenovo Yoga 13 (orange) | 1.8GHz i5-3337U | Intel HD4000 | 8GB DDR3/1600MHz | 128GB SSD