Quantcast Compaq Mini Netbook with Verizon 4G LTE Review: A Good Deal? Discussion

+ Reply to Thread
    NBR Lead Moderator

Default Compaq Mini Netbook with Verizon 4G LTE Review: A Good Deal? Discussion

This 10-inch netbook features built-in Verizon 4G LTE wireless and is available exclusively from Verizon for $149.99 with a two-year contract. Our review looks at the netbook itself and the Verizon wireless network to help you find out if this is a good deal for your budget.

Read the full content of this Article: Compaq Mini Netbook with Verizon 4G LTE Review: A Good Deal?

Related Articles:

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Compaq Mini Netbook with Verizon 4G LTE Review: A Good Deal? Discussion

When you say the responsiveness of the machine is "laudable", did you perhaps mean "laughable"?

I'm addicted to laptops!

Default Re: Compaq Mini Netbook with Verizon 4G LTE Review: A Good Deal? Discussion

Just get a mobile hotspot like a Samsung 4GLTE or 4G MiFi, most are free when you sign up for a contract( same price for data usage ) and even better you can use it on any wireless device and not be crippled by a ATOM powered netbook.
    If your area has a 4G network and feel its worth the charges a mobile hotspot is a much better solution.
    I have one and get much better speeds on the hotspot than I do my home network.

MSI GT60

CPU--4800MQ--GPU 780MGTX--16GB RAM--SUPER RAID

Notebook Consultant

VZ loves to gouge their customers. That $199 entry price will seem like pennies once you start paying triple-digit overage charges every month over the subsequent 24 months every time you exceed your monthly data cap. To be honest, I wouldn't recommend this getup even if it was being given away for free!!!

Alternative solution #1: buy a Clearwire hotspot and enjoy unlimited 4G with no overage charges on ALL your wifi devices. It's the ONLY way to tether a notebook and use the web properly.

Alternative solution #2: pony up an extra Franklin or two for a 11.6" HP dm1 with ULV Sandy Bridge. The mobility and performance is exceptional.