Quantcast Battle of the 1TB Laptop Hard Drives: Samsung vs. Western Digital Discussion

+ Reply to Thread
    NBR Site Admin

Default Battle of the 1TB Laptop Hard Drives: Samsung vs. Western Digital Discussion

It's time to replace that pathetic little hard drive that came with your laptop. We reviewed two of the latest one terabyte laptop hard drives: the Samsung Spinpoint M8 and the Western Digital Scorpio Blue to see which one is best.

Read the full content of this Article: Battle of the 1TB Laptop Hard Drives: Samsung vs. Western Digital

Related Articles:

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: Battle of the 1TB Laptop Hard Drives: Samsung vs. Western Digital Discussion

Interesting to note that the two are so close - also good to note that WD is such a strong piece in that department, since I just bought a 500 GB WD portable to go along my WD external that I've had for almost 5 years!

Moderately inquisitive

Default Re: Battle of the 1TB Laptop Hard Drives: Samsung vs. Western Digital Discussion

I bought the Samsung a few weeks back to use as mobile backup storage. It is a steady performer but I would have expected the data transfer rates to have increased in proportion to the increased data densities relative to, say, a 500GB 2 platter HDD. However, the increase in transfer rates is more modest so perhaps the main mechanism for increasing data density is more tracks, not more bits per track. Perhaps data throughput through the head is a constraint.

John

Notebook Deity

What about skock resistance? Mean time to failure values?????????????

Notebook Evangelist

It's not just the amount of storage it's the speed. I'll wait for the 7200rpm 1TB notebook drive.

Notebook Evangelist

are those 1tb drivers thicker than those 250 / 320 gb drives..? it seems that it won't fit on my e6400

then again, i could be wrong........

edit

ok... i read the review.... these are the new drivers with 9mm thickness instead of 12mm.cool
    Dell E6400 - Vaio VPCYB35A