Quantcast Most Popular Notebooks of May

Closed Thread
    Working at 486 Speed

Default Most Popular Notebooks of May

May has passed and with it a shakeup in our top 10 notebooks. The Lenovo T60 and Sony Vaio SZ retain control of the top two spots but after that we have four new entrants and Apple even owns two spots with their MacBook and MacBook Pro. Dell lost two units, but added two new ones to keep their manufacturer lead of 4 notebooks in the top 10.

1. Lenovo ThinkPad T60 (Previously #1) - The ThinkPad T60 is a Core Duo machine that comes with either a 14" or 15" standard aspect ratio display. This thin and light is all about business, featuring one of the best keyboards in the industry, dual pointing devices and optional integrated WAN. Lenovo ThinkPad T60 Reviews | Lenovo ThinkPad T60 User Opinions

2. Sony VAIO SZ (Previously #2) - Performance in a small package, that sums up the Sony VAIO SZ. The bright glossy 13.3" display is powered by dedicated graphics and a Core Duo processor. Sony VAIO SZ Reviews | Sony VAIO SZ User Opinions

3. Apple MacBook (New) - Take the power of the Intel Core Duo processor to go, starting at just $1099. Choose MacBook in black or white, both with a brilliant, 13.3-inch glossy widescreen display. Nearly one inch thin, 5.2 pounds, 100% perfect for anyone who wants power in an affordable package. Apple MacBook Reviews | Apple MacBook User Opinions

4. Dell Inspiron e1505 (Previously #3) - The Inspiron e1505 is fully customizable including Core Duo processors, high resolution 15.4" display and several drive options. Dell has found a nice blend of performance and price with the e1505. Dell Inspiron e1505 Reviews | Dell Inspiron e1505 User Opinions

5. Apple MacBook Pro (Previously #7) - Apple's MacBook Pro is one of the nicest looking notebooks on the market. It's not all about beauty though, the MacBook Pro offers an Intel Core Duo processor, ATI X1600 video card and DVI output. Apple MacBook Pro Reviews | Apple MacBook Pro User Opinions

6. Dell Inspiron e1405 (New) - The Dell Inspiron e1405 is a 14.1" screen portable laptop featuring the Intel Core Duo or Core Solo processor. The e1405 weighs in at about 5.3lbs so it's easy enough to carry around yet has a large enough screen for comfortable viewing. Dell Inspiron e1405 Reviews | Dell Inspiron e1405 User Opinions
      7. Acer TravelMate 8200 (Previously #6) - Acer goes all out with this 15.4" wide screen model. The TravelMate 8200 boasts a Core Duo processor, high resolution display and an ATI x1600 video card with 256MB RAM. Acer TravelMate 8200 Reviews | Acer TravelMate 8200 User Opinions
      8. Dell Inspiron e1705 (New) - The e1705 features a 17" screen with optional high resolution, glossy display. It also comes with optional Core Duo processors and NVIDIA dedicated graphics. Dell Inspiron e1705 Reviews | Dell Inspiron e1705 User Opinions

9. Dell Inspiron 6400 (Previously #4) - The Inspiron 6400 is the Small Business equivalent to the e1505. It's a 15.4" widescreen model which is fully customizable including both Core Solo and Core Duo CPUs. Dell Inspiron 6400 Reviews | Dell Inspiron 6400 User Opinions

10. Sony Vaio FS (New) - The FS series from Sony offer fantastic 15.4" glossy widescreens in a sleek body. Sony Vaio FS Reviews | Sony Vaio FS User Opinions

Notebooks falling out of this month's Top 10:

Check out the Top 10 from last month, April's most popular notebooks.

Notebook Nobel Laureate

Default Re: Most Popular Notebooks of May

Though not listed, I'd might as well mention the W3j and A8jm from ASUS, which were finally released last month
    Alienware M11x - SU7300 / GT335m / 8gb DDR3 / 60gb Vertex II

Notebook Evangelist

Heh, the E1505 and its alter ego the 6400 took two of the popular slots
    Dell Inspiron E1505 | Intel 1.6ghz core duo T2300 | 2 GB RAM 667mhz | 120gb WDC 5400rpm drive | ATI X1300 Radeon | 15" WSXGA+ display | Sony 8x DVD+/- R/RW DL Drive| Intel 3495 Wireless | Bluetooth

Notebook Evangelist

What happened to the MacBook Pro? Makes you wonder how much Lenovo, Sony, and Dell paid Notebookreview

hmmm...

NBR Lead Moderator

The Macbook Pro moved up from #7 to #5.
    This is a community site - we're not paid by any company to change ratings or put bias in conent toward a certain company.
    Lead Moderator for TechnologyGuide Communities
    Brighthand | NotebookReview | TabletPCReview
    hp EliteBook 8740w - 17" DreamColor 2, Win 7 Pro, Core i5, 4GB RAM, ATI FirePro M7820, Intel SSD

Woof

too bad more people don't buy asus, they are so good...its a shame

PC/Mac...Whatever works!

Neat, I own #2
    Dell Studio XPS 1340

Main Specifications:
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 - 2.53GHz/3MB Cache
    RAM: 4GB DDR3 @ 1067 MHz
    Hard Drive: Seagate 500GB 7200RPM SATA
    Dedicated Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce G210M – 512MB
    Hybrid SLI Integrated Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Other Information:
    LCD: Edge-to-Edge 13.3" HD WXGA (1280x800) Slim WLED
    Lid Style: Obsidian Black with Leather Accent

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by CalebSchmerge
    too bad more people don't buy asus, they are so good...its a shame

Asus seems overpriced for what you get and some of their models only have 1 dimm slot which is downright silly. What makes Asus so good again?? I've seen quite a few people mention their products. I need a $1200 with core duo 1.8, 1gb, 80gb, dedicated graphics, and dvdrw. I looked at the z62f i believe and couldnt get it configured the way I want for the right price. If you guys know a good cheap asus reseller, give me the heads up.

ZaZ
    Super Model

Perhaps you should post this in the "What Should I Buy?" forum after considering the FAQ.