Quantcast Pelican 1090CC HardBack Notebook Case Review Discussion

Closed Thread
    DietGreenTeaFiend

Default Pelican 1090CC HardBack Notebook Case Review Discussion

Notebook cases are an overlooked accessory that most computer shoppers don't realize they need until their notebook breaks. While most buyers might turn to sleeves or backpacks, some might look for something slightly more durable. In this review, we take a look at the super-rugged Pelican 1090CC HardBack notebook case and see how well it stacks up against not-so-daily abuse.

Read the full content of this Article: Pelican 1090CC HardBack Notebook Case Review

Related Articles:

Capt. Obvious

Default Re: Pelican 1090CC HardBack Notebook Case Review Discussion

Nice review, Kevin.

Someone also bought the similar case (only bigger) for use with Alienware m17x and someone in a discussion about cases/backpacks on AW subforum, asked about whether these cases have a space to put in an AC adapter?

Based on the photos, I would assume they don't. I'm wondering because it's often convenient (or in the case of larger laptops, necessary) to carry the AC adapter as well.

Thanks!
    "Bellatrix" Intel Core i5-3570K | Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling | G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1866 MHz | Gigabyte GeForce 660 Ti 2GB | Intel 330 180GB SSD | Samsung 2TB HD | Razer Deathadder | Razer Scarab | Biftenix Recon fan controller | NZXT RGB LED controller | $3 card reader | FiiO E7 DAC | Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO
    Thinkpad X200 tablet "Fort-Liberty" C2D 1.9GHz | SuperBright Outdoor Viewable LCD | Samsung 830 120GB SSD | Ultrabase | Logitech C310 HD | Logitech G7 Limited Ed | Razer Destructor

NBR Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by unreal25 View Post
    Nice review, Kevin.

Someone also bought the similar case (only bigger) for use with Alienware m17x and someone in a discussion about cases/backpacks on AW subforum, asked about whether these cases have a space to put in an AC adapter?

Based on the photos, I would assume they don't. I'm wondering because it's often convenient (or in the case of larger laptops, necessary) to carry the AC adapter as well.

Thanks!
    Good point. Of course, if you're a ThinkPad addict like Kevin then you have separate ThinkPad AC adapters in your office, your home, and even your car, so you don't have to carry the adapter with you.

Emodicon

Good review, Kevin! An enviably durable case, although I'm pretty sure the $146 price tag puts it out of reach of most consumers.

Also, a minor correction:
    To test the new 1090CC, we flung it off desks, dropped it onto hard floors, which didn't seem to phase it.
    Should be "faze"