Quantcast Dell Inspiron e1505 Review (pics, specs) Discussion - Page 2

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Dell Inspiron e1505 Review (pics, specs)

Too bad Dell screens still have "sparkles."

I would have own a Dell if they didn't...

NBR Reviewer

Wow, wonder if other components or the GMA 950 itself is enough to outscore the 200M. 569 v 504.
    2008: Dell Vostro 1400 | Intel T5270, 3GB RAM, 250GB 5400RPM WD HD, 8400M GS, 6-Cell, Intel 4965AGN, Bluetooth, ExpressCard Remote, 2yr Onsite
    2005: Compaq Presario V2000Z | AMD ML-30, 1GB RAM, 60GB 4200RPM HD, ATI X200M, 12-Cell, Broadcom G
    Flickr

Notebook Geek

Very nice pictures and review...awesome read!

Notebook Enthusiast

I was pretty much sold on the E1505 untill I read the comments about the screen... I've also been looking at an HP dv5030us for $999.00 and I think I may just go with that now.

Notebook Consultant

To be honest I'm not sure what you all mean about the bad screen, as I've never seen it, but it seems to bug a lot of people in here, has anyone ever confronted Dell about it ?

The Random Mod

IMO, the WSXGA+ matte screen on the e1505's forerunner is fairly good for a matte. The sparkle can get annoying. But its not that big of a deal to me. I've asked friends around me before and they often don't notice the sparkles. I only notice them when I'm looking for them. I notice the light leakage on the bottom of the screen more. It needs a particular color, like a cool blue (as pictured in review) or purple to be so noticable you want to punch the screen. On this forum. The very pale blue and gray of the posts isn't real sparkly on my panel and and neither is white. Maybe it would be worse though with the glossy. Since you have the reflection ontop of the sparkle effect. I can't say for sure. Hopefully a few more weeks and the e1505 will be at my local Dell Direct kiosk and I can check this for myself.

Nice job Fsacj, I enjoyed reading this review. The pictures were great! It seems Dell improved the port layout in the back. It's a pitty the 9cell wasn't available for the review, I would of liked to of seen just how much of an improvement they made on battery.The 6cells performance, suprisingly given the Core Duo is supposed to have improved battery life over the pentium m, doesn't seem like a big improvement to me.

Lol. Hotspots in Alaska, love reviewers with a since of humors.

Here's your five stars. * * * * *=D!

I get pretty good customer service. Probably because I'm a nightmere to deal with on the phone and if I get on the phone with someone who doesn't speak english well. My raised voice has to be very scary. =/

Usually if you google it, you'll get the customer service number that will get you into an actual dell office in America. Google will run the world someday unfortunately. I promise myself everytime I google something it will be the last time. Why can't Yahoo catch up and decent give me an alternative? -.-;

<3 Niki
    Last edited by Metamorphical; 17th March 2006 at 05:41 PM.

Beat up Thinkpad T400 | Acer Iconia W510 | Samsung Focus Flash
    Penny'l start a fire.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphical
    It's a pitty the 9cell wasn't available for the review, I would of liked to of seen just how much of an improvement they made on battery.The 6cells performance, suprisingly given the Core Duo is supposed to have improved battery life over the pentium m, doesn't seem like a big improvement to me.
    Iíve actually been able to get some higher run times since I wrote the review. I got an hour with 75% remaining at full brightness and wifi on (but not connected). The 9 cell battery has exactly 50% more cells, and almost exactly 50% more capacity, so I would expect pretty darn close to 50% more run time. Thanks for the nice comments and insight on the screens.

Andrew
    inspiron 9300
    1.6GHz
    1GB DDR2
    X300 128mb
    DVD DL

Notebook Consultant

Default E1505 Review

Thanks Andrew,

Nice review.

I got my E1505 yesterday, so far I'm very pleased. I configured my Core Duo as a base unit, only adding the gloss screen. If there are sparkles? I haven't seen them. I'm still a bit at a loss to understand the phenomenon.

I suspect that when you review lappies you have a much better basis for comparison. My reference is my old Inspiron 1100, which I was very pleased with . . . until now.

One minor nit pick on the review, no bottom photo. Like that view to see the vents and doors.

Hermit

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: E1505 Review

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Hermit
    Thanks Andrew,

Nice review.

I got my E1505 yesterday, so far I'm very pleased. I configured my Core Duo as a base unit, only adding the gloss screen. If there are sparkles? I haven't seen them. I'm still a bit at a loss to understand the phenomenon.

I suspect that when you review lappies you have a much better basis for comparison. My reference is my old Inspiron 1100, which I was very pleased with . . . until now.

One minor nit pick on the review, no bottom photo. Like that view to see the vents and doors.

Hermit
    Hermit,

Could you try the following: get Dead Pixel Buddy program http://www.laptopshowcase.co.uk/downloads.php?id=1

and look at the screen at different colors, see if you notice sparkles. For my eyes the green color was simply impossible to look at..

Notebook Enthusiast

Great review! Your pictures actually make the e1505 look good... and that's no small accomplishment, in my opinion.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast