Quantcast ACER 6935G, My Own Complete Review - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Notebook Deity

Default Re: ACER 6935G, My Own Complete Review

I'm more than happy with my 6935G no real issues with the actual computer. Just a few with vista (which i do like but its been alot of trouble recently.) :\
    Alienware M17x R4 Intel Core i7 3740QM 16GB 1600Mhz RAM 1080p Display Intel 320 160GB SSD 750GB 7200RPM HDD
    GTX 680M Killer Wireless N Windows 7 64bit

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by darika View Post
    I would like to say that I used to have some problems with the Wifi with Vista 64Bits.

It was like there was a malfunction and unable to make it work after some time of use, the light of the wifi button wouldn't work, so wifi too, even when I pushed the button.
    The problem was the driver provided on ACER website way too old!
    I've been to the INTEL website to get the last version of the 64Bits driver (Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility for Windows Vista* 64-Bit) for my Intel Wireless 5300, and guess what ? Everything is working much better, no problem issue anymore.

I've waited about almost 2 weeks of test before submitting this problem. Hope it will be useful for 6935G owners who have met or will meet this problem.

This tip has been now added to my review
    AHhh i have the same problem! but with ethernet and Wifi! the ethernet just random freezes, and same with Wifi too. Can happen quickly or take a week or two. I tried new drivers but no luck, seems to take a little longer before it happens though.
    Also have random problem of webpages not loading first tires when someone is on other computer even though my download/upload speed is the same and other computer isnt doing anything ¬_¬

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
    AHhh i have the same problem! but with ethernet and Wifi! the ethernet just random freezes, and same with Wifi too. Can happen quickly or take a week or two. I tried new drivers but no luck, seems to take a little longer before it happens though.
    Also have random problem of webpages not loading first tires when someone is on other computer even though my download/upload speed is the same and other computer isnt doing anything ¬_¬
    You must uninstall completely your old driver until your wireless network hardware is shown as unknown hardware before installing the new driver.

It seems there's a bug on the website, it duplicate the last message when clicking on QUOTE to answer. We write our answer but it's the last message that is posted. I could be able to write this because I've used "Quick Reply" method. Don't know who is the "modo" to contact to report this bug...
    Last edited by darika; 27th February 2009 at 05:03 AM.
    NOTEBOOK : ACER ASPIRE GEMSTONE BLUE 6935G, 16.4", Centrino2 P8600, 2GB DDR3 1066, 9600M GT, 320Gb, MY REVIEW WITH WINDOWS 7 RTM 64 Bits

DESKTOP : Silverstone Raven 01B-W |i7 950@4.0GHz |Zalman CNPS10x |Gigabyte X58A UD3R rev2.0 |12Go Gskill PC12800 CL9 |Asus GTX 460 1Go 850MHz |SSD Vertex 2 120Go OS |3x1To, 1x2To, 2x2To USB 3.0 |Samsung DVDRW |SilverStone 500W Modu |2xSamsung F2380

Darika, thank you so much for posting this GREAT Review !
    You have really taken the time to actually post screenshots and better yet you actually sum up problems and solutions with URL's
    I don't care for a 'sterile' prefixed format, this is a more down to earth review that points out the issues that matter to most that buy such a notebook.

Today i will be receiving my 6935-844G32BN (P8400/4GBDDR3/9600MGT/320GB)
    and this review gave me the much needed information so thank you from the otherside of this lonely planet.

My Acer will come with the 32bit Vista and to be honest i'm a newby when it comes to Vista.
    I build my desktop almost 2 years ago with a serious and expensive configuration at that time and installed Vista 32bit Ultimate and at first it worked fine but after more and more nagging and bluescreens i transfered back to the good ol' XP which has proven Rock Solid.
    Hence, i have not returned to Vista since so i assume a lot has been done to improve it ?

I'm also looking into Vista 64 bit otherwise my 4GB total memory hardly makes sense. On the otherhand i keep reading that the performance gains are very slim and do not outweigh the driver issues and other problems that come with Vista 64.

Also i'm planning to run Win7 Beta on a seperate boot partition since that has impressed me a lot when i installed it on my 'old' Clevo D47V.
    So far it has been a blessing as far as driver installed is concerned (all goes automaticly) however the Clevo is kinda old and less sophisticated than the Acer so i'm expecting issues.

Any experience with Win7 beta ont he 6935 ?

Thanks again and keep up the good work !

Notebook Enthusiast

I too have the same model as wyald.. with the P8700 CPU. my GPU-Z is showing my 9600M GT as having 1024 MB DDR2 and not GDDR3.. further clocks are at 500 (core)/ 400 (Mem) like the DDR2 version.. is mine actually DDR2 or is GPU-Z incorrect? BTW Riva Tuner and Everest also show it as DDR2.. though the acer spec sheet mentions it as 1 GB GDDR3...

Seeing that there are so many difference Cpu models i assume that replacing the CPU (for instance P8400 swapped by P9600) is a possibility ?

Notebook Enthusiast

Yeah u can.. the cpu is not soldered.. but u may end up voiding ur warranty

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by applefreakpeeps View Post
    I too have the same model as wyald.. with the P8700 CPU. my GPU-Z is showing my 9600M GT as having 1024 MB DDR2 and not GDDR3.. further clocks are at 500 (core)/ 400 (Mem) like the DDR2 version.. is mine actually DDR2 or is GPU-Z incorrect? BTW Riva Tuner and Everest also show it as DDR2.. though the acer spec sheet mentions it as 1 GB GDDR3...
    can someone pls reply to this?

Notebook Enthusiast

does it have turbo memory?

Notebook Enthusiast

I havent seen any model with Intel turbo memory till now

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast