Quantcast HP L2000 Special Edition Notebook Image Tour

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    -

Default HP L2000 Special Edition Notebook Image Tour

HP announced the L2000 special edition notebook a couple of weeks ago.  This notebook will carry the Lance Armstrong Foundation's LiveStrong branding.  The notebook will have the AMD 64 Turion processor (Armstrong is sponsored by AMD in his cycling endeavors) and have yellow highlights.  This notebook will be available in mid-June.

HP L2000 Image Gallery (15 images)

Click here to launch image gallery (15 images)

HP L2000 General Specs

• AMD Turion 64 processor mobile technology
    • Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies
    • 14.0" High-Definition widescreen with BrightView and high-resolution options
    • ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M providing up to 128MB user-configurable UMA VRAM
    • Available LightScribe-enabled DVD R/RW drive with double-layer support
    • Integrated 54g 802.11b/g WLAN with 125HSM/SpeedBooster and BroadRange support
    • 6-in-1 digital media card reader
    • Altec Lansing stereo speakers with included earbuds
    • 1.2" thin and 5.5 lbs 

Based on these specs taken from the HP website it seems that the L2000 will be an AMD 64 version of the current dv1000 notebook.

For each special edition L2000 notebook sold that includes the LiveStrong insignia HP will donate $50 to the LAF organization.

NBR Reviewer

Well, the image gallery is nice as usuall.
    However, it looks like the Turion in the L2000 wears the black/graphite variant of the Compaq V1000's "attire" rather than the HP's brother's, doesn't it?

Best regards,
    Przemek

Les absents ont toujours tort...

Notebook Guru

From one of the picture I can see that the high capacity battery will be supposed to stick out a bit. This is a little bit odd when putting on your lap, isn't it ? ... but overall, I like the design ... and the yellow theme of it ... can't wait for the review ...

... Forever is never ...

Notebook Consultant

Since this (LiveStrong L2000) is a remodel of the HP (pentium-M) dv1000 with AMD Turion 64 inside, I wonder if it still can play music CD and/or DVD w/o Windows OS booted? (a small Linux-based program customized for playing optical media)

Definitely, we can see no more remote control embedded within/under the left palm as was found in the dv1000!

I'm pretty sure the remote control on the dv1000 fits into the PCMCIA slot when not in use. If you look at this image:
    http://www.notebookreview.com/assets/4935.jpg
    you'll see the remote icon on the slot-filler.

So, whether or not it plays DVDs w/o booting, I don't know, but it appears to have the remote.

-jb

ps - The images seem to be mockups. Notice there is no AMD or WinXP stickers. So, the actualy product may vary.

A quick compare between this pic:
    http://www.notebookreview.com/assets/4930.jpg

and this one:
    http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2004/digitalexplaunch/images/v2000.jpg

Show that the HP L2000 is actually a revised Compaq v2000 case.

Unfortunately, the L2000 lacks the quickplay movie and music buttons above the F4 and F5 keys that the dv1000 has. So it appears no instant DVD playback.

Notebook Consultant

Hi jb,

Thank you for the side-by-side pictures of the Compaq v2000 and the forthcoming HP L2000.

I was mislead to think that the HP LiveStrong L2000 is an AMD Turin64-based remodel of the HP dv1000, and apparently it's not.

So, choosing between the Compaq v2000 and the HP LiveStrong L2000 is purely based on the processors (Pentium M vs Turion 64) and the styles, but not the functionalities and pratical features light weight and sizes.

Since the L2000 is not yet available, can anyone compare the quality and the usefulness of the Compaq v2000 and the HP dv1000? Both are of similar dimensions (14" widescreen, etc) and weight!

I went and had a look at the local Best Buy yesterday. The v200 does not have a remote control. Of course, the guy who worte this review bought both the dv1000 and the v2000

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2077&review=compaq+v2000+hp+dv1000

From my viewing at the store, I can vouch that the dv1000's screen does solarize at less of an angle, but I don't think it would be that much of a problem.

Also, I talked to the guy at Circuit City and he had heard about the LiveStrong edition, but didn't knwo much. CC's in-house ordering system has v2000's with Turino already (which you cannot find online, even from Compaq's site), and we put in everything the LiveStrong would have and it came to about $1200. Granted, this was from a brick and mortor store, and every other HP/Compaq lappy they had was about $200 over what you would pay on the site.

I built a v2000 on Compaq's site with a Pentium M 1.6GHz, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD, combo drive, wireless, and a 12 cell battery for $1,025. The Turino's supposed to be cheaper than the PM.

-jb

Notebook Evangelist

This is probably a very stupid question, but I had to ask...What's holding the notebook up:

http://www.notebookreview.com/assets/4931.jpg

------------------------------
    Http://www.zv6000forums.com

For all zv6k/r4k dialogue.
    ------------------------------

R4000 with:
    Athlon64 3200+ (2.0GHz/512kb L2cache)
    15.4" Widescreen w/Brightview
    1,024MB DDR SDRAM (2x512-PC2700)
    60GB-5400RPM HardDrive
    LG DVD Writer w/DL
    54(g)Broadcom Integ.Wireless w/Speedbooster & Bluetooth
    12cell battery

I believe that is the optional 12-cell battery.

Apparently the HP DV1000, which is a cousin to the Compaq v2000 upon which this model is based, has a battery that only fills two-thirds the length of the box. If this is the case on this L2000 as well, the 12-cell battery could be awkward.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast