Quantcast Monitoring Notebook Temps: nVidia & ATI, CPU, HDD - Do your temps worry you? - Page 8

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    NBR Resident Assistant

Default Re: Monitoring mobile ATI & nVidia Video Card Temps - Do your temps worry you?

CPU should float around 50-60 C degrees at load
    HDD should float around 30-55 C degrees at load
    GPU should never get past 90C degrees at load (thats critical temp)
    - idle temp varies from model to model (never higher than 60C usually)

| Giveaway: More coming..
    Most popular articles: What is the best notebook brand?.. Exposed. | E3 2009: Booth Girls | Star Wars: The Old Republic - Interview
    VirtualBox - F.A.Q., Tutorial & Guide | Black Friday 2009 - I show you how to NOT wait in line | Xbox 360's for under $100 ... Yay!

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: Monitoring mobile ATI & nVidia Video Card Temps - Do your temps worry you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gophn View Post
    If you are using Vista 64-bit, this is an issue.

Conclusion: I believe that Vista locks down the system so much to not allow low level hardware access... especially with the dumb UAC.... as well as needing the user to have Admin rights to do anything.

In the meantime, I am trying to find a work-around for Vista x64.
    Well, that explains it! I'm running Vista Business x64. Oh well, I'll wait for an update......thanks for your fast response.

NBR Reviewer

my new 5790s HD is hitting the 60C zone and its pretty much idle. besides for firefox.

Notebook Geek

My 5790's HDD hits 57C when I'm playing Company of Heroes. And that's with the Zalman cooler on max. Actually, running CoH doesn't change much since it hovers around 55C when idling.
    Last edited by Batmaniac; 2nd August 2007 at 12:49 AM.

NBR Reviewer

mine hovers around the 55C if I just leave it there, but most of the time it's at 58-60C...I have the momentus 160 gig btw...

is there anything I should be worrying about?

NBR Resident Assistant

I think that should be fine, Seagate Momentus 7200.2 HDD's operating temperature is from 0 to 60 C degrees.

So I would not be too concerned unless if it floats past the 60C mark... going into the dreaded 65C+ temps.

Most popular articles: What is the best notebook brand?.. Exposed. | E3 2009: Booth Girls | Star Wars: The Old Republic - Interview
    VirtualBox - F.A.Q., Tutorial & Guide | Black Friday 2009 - I show you how to NOT wait in line | Xbox 360's for under $100 ... Yay!

Notebook Evangelist

BTW, Notebook Hardware Control does not work for the Clevo D900C based Laptops, due to the System using a Desktop Processor. You get an error message that is pretty straight forward for WIn XP, but maybe the Vista run might produce an even more unexpected result, due to lack of desktop CPU support and lack of Vista support.

NBR Resident Assistant

It does work, you just have to use another version of NHC.

I ran into the same issue when I built my D900K.

I am using an older version, that detects my CPU temps fine.

Notebook Evangelist

I ran the HD/cpu thing and it installed/runs fine. I'm not getting anything for HD temp though. It jsut shows 3 dots.

Notebook Enthusiast

Having trouble with NHC using 64 bit Vista, says the Microsoft.net framework is incompatible. Is there a work around, or another program to monitor the temps?

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast