Quantcast Monitoring Notebook Temps: nVidia & ATI, CPU, HDD - Do your temps worry you? - Page 3

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    NBR Resident Assistant

Default Re: Monitoring mobile ATI & nVidia Video Card Temps - Do your temps worry you?

Update: For folks that have installed RivaTuner and DO NOT see the Hardware Monitoring icon, it is very possible that that particular video card might not be fully supported... especially when its a mobile videocard because the manufacturer might have stripped certain sensors and monitoring options. Its unfortunate if you have a videocard that isnt fully supported, but RivaTuner has many more functions than what I have shown here, especially fan control speeds for those that don't own Clevo notebooks (which has a Fn+F2 command to max the fans speeds).

For good news, here are some snapshots that I have taken while playing Battlefield 2142 Demo. You can see that RivaTuner temp monitor on top left of screen.

Game On People,
    -Gophn

P.S. I am still working with RivaTuner to figure out more useful things to make guides for.

| Giveaway: More coming..
    Most popular articles: What is the best notebook brand?.. Exposed. | E3 2009: Booth Girls | Star Wars: The Old Republic - Interview
    VirtualBox - F.A.Q., Tutorial & Guide | Black Friday 2009 - I show you how to NOT wait in line | Xbox 360's for under $100 ... Yay!

NBR Resident Assistant

Default Re: Monitoring mobile ATI & nVidia Video Card Temps - Do your temps worry you?

Ok took some suggestions, and modified the guide to include Startup options for easy monitoring with ease.

Please give me feedback if it still needs work.

Thanks,
    -Gophn

Most popular articles: What is the best notebook brand?.. Exposed. | E3 2009: Booth Girls | Star Wars: The Old Republic - Interview
    VirtualBox - F.A.Q., Tutorial & Guide | Black Friday 2009 - I show you how to NOT wait in line | Xbox 360's for under $100 ... Yay!

NBR Resident Assistant

UPDATE

RivaTuner 2.0 RC16.1 released!
    Details of this new update

a lot of new updates, compatibilities, and fixes

If you had issues with the recent release, then try this out.

-Gophn

MXM Guru

Just to report this doesn't fly for ATI mobility x1800 cards. Simply not recognized in Rivatuner.
    Your notebook supported? Check here and here.
    Type II HD4670 1GB available
    Type HE 9800 GTS 512MB available
    Type HE GTX280 1GB available
    Type A GTS 250 1GB available
    Type B HD6970 2GB available

NBR Resident Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Ice-Tea View Post
    Just to report this doesn't fly for ATI mobility x1800 cards. Simply not recognized in Rivatuner.
    Let me get my hands on a notebook with an X1800 in it and i'll find out. I'm going to ask some friends to borrow theirs.

Its usually drivers that are too new that sometimes cause RivaTuner to not pick up the hardware.

MXM Guru

Running 8.23
    Your notebook supported? Check here and here.
    Type II HD4670 1GB available
    Type HE 9800 GTS 512MB available
    Type HE GTX280 1GB available
    Type A GTS 250 1GB available
    Type B HD6970 2GB available

The Random Guy

Yep, i have the same problem with my X1800. I have tried Rivatuner, but it just doesn't want to pick the temperature out. Its the same as Chaz, with the little icon not being displayed. I have also tried Everest and some others and they didn't piuck anything up either.
    FSC Amilo XI 1546

Intel Core Duo T2400
    2 GB DDR2 Corsair RAM
    ATI Mobility X1800
    17" WXGA+ CrystalView Display
    500GB Hitachi GST 7K500 + 100GB Hitachi GST 7K200
    Windows 7 Professional
    External Display: LG 24" LCD 1920x1080 HAS

NBR Resident Assistant

I'm discovering that RivaTuner has more compatiblity with nVidia cards than ATI... especially when we are talking about mobile GPUs.

The Random Guy

Yes, your probably right Gophn. Its probably because now adays Nvidia has more cards on the market than Ati. But has anybody tried Rivatuner with any other cards, except the X700 and the X1800?
    FSC Amilo XI 1546

Intel Core Duo T2400
    2 GB DDR2 Corsair RAM
    ATI Mobility X1800
    17" WXGA+ CrystalView Display
    500GB Hitachi GST 7K500 + 100GB Hitachi GST 7K200
    Windows 7 Professional
    External Display: LG 24" LCD 1920x1080 HAS

NBR Resident Assistant

it would be nice to have feedback from everyone that has tried this guide, regardless if its ATI or nVidia. I know that approx a genuine 800 have read this guide.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast