Quantcast Monitoring Notebook Temps: nVidia & ATI, CPU, HDD - Do your temps worry you? - Page 13

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    NBR Resident Assistant

Default Re: Monitoring Notebook Temps: nVidia & ATI, CPU, HDD - Do your temps worry you?

| Giveaway: More coming..
    Most popular articles: What is the best notebook brand?.. Exposed. | E3 2009: Booth Girls | Star Wars: The Old Republic - Interview
    VirtualBox - F.A.Q., Tutorial & Guide | Black Friday 2009 - I show you how to NOT wait in line | Xbox 360's for under $100 ... Yay!

HighSpeedFreak

Default Re: Monitoring Notebook Temps: nVidia & ATI, CPU, HDD - Do your temps worry you?

Why didn`t you say so? Well, now I`m happy. After 5 hours of extreme gaming, my GPU is on 47 C
    Let`s see what Crysis has to say about that...

Laptop GUIDE(temps,perf. etc)
    DELL XPS M1730 - 9800M GTX SLI, X9000(3.6), 4Gb RAM,15506 3dmark06,WUXGA,640 GB and light FX,
    Razer DeathAdder with Razer Exact mat and Razer Barracuda Headsets
    Vote for a new BIOS with fan control for XPS 1730!

Notebook Geek

Default Re: Monitoring mobile ATI & nVidia Video Card Temps - Do your temps worry you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gophn View Post
    Thibault, you can always upgrade your videocard to a 6800/7800GTX/7900GTX/7950GTX when you want, although they run for about $400-500.
    Is this true? I've heard of asus working on some modular laptop video cards, but I doubt it's really taken off.
    Personally, I have an asus a8jp (x1700). I was wanting the a8js (gf7700) but it was $500 more for the same computer, sans video card. I have taken a bunch of laptops apart to compare the cards, but could I actually just ebay a mobile 8600 and drop it in?
    JJ

NBR Resident Assistant

sorry, most Asus models (as well as other notebooks on the market) can NOT upgrade the videocards.

The Asus A8 series does not have upgradeable videocard modules.

Thibault has Clevo M570U, which can upgrade and swap videocard modules.

Most popular articles: What is the best notebook brand?.. Exposed. | E3 2009: Booth Girls | Star Wars: The Old Republic - Interview
    VirtualBox - F.A.Q., Tutorial & Guide | Black Friday 2009 - I show you how to NOT wait in line | Xbox 360's for under $100 ... Yay!

APH!

Figured I'd stuff my input in this awesome thread .

Used RivaTuner 2.06

Got everything working like you said, but GPU temp was 0C. I went into the Core Temperature Setup and changed the data provider to "NVThermalDiode.dll:0" and it now works perfectly fine. GPU idle at 48C. *turns on fan by Fn+F2* I wonder how low it's going to get if I turn on the fan. Oh wow dropped to 45 already. Suhweet!

I wasn't worried about my GPU temps at all, but it's cool to have something that tells me the temp and framerate. I'll load up Team Fortress 2 some day and see how that works.

Thanks Gophn!

Edit: I found that if I pressed the red spot icon, and if I close it, I can still see my GPU temps in the systray. I don't know if it's going to work with a game, but I'll test that out later. It's 3:30AM here .

-^^ [that was the button I pressed .]

P.S.: 37C now, woo!
    Last edited by Amol; 13th January 2008 at 06:27 AM.

Notebook Enthusiast

Found this link for different CPU temps, including notebook:
    http://users.erols.com/chare/elec.htm

Notebook Guru

kindly reupload "NHC 1.10b" on anyother server like rapidshare coz whenever i click on it it says all slots r full try again later.....!!!!!!!!!

NBR Resident Assistant

what system do you have blackmamba?

in any case, I just uploaded another mirror:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/92698127...eta03.zip.html

Notebook Guru

thanx Gophn for uploading it on rapidshare......u can see my system specs in my signature ....... can i post one link regarding gpu,cpu n hdd temps on ur thread if u dnt mind???
    HP Pavilion 6700t
    Processor T7250 2.0Ghz
    Ram 2GB
    Nvidia 8400 GS 256MB
    Hard Disk 160GB
    Vista Home Premium
    Updating Soon

NBR Resident Assistant

You should use RMclock.