Quantcast Show us your computer room! - Page 3

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 306 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Show us your computer room!

I heard people DIE in Korea playing WOW. Literally DIE - now that's just messed up, play WOW until you DIE

Notebook Enthusiast

either you get really fat cuz all you do is play wow, eat and never work out

or

you become a pile of bones because all you do is play wow and never eat

that game ruins peoples lives, i dunno why i haven't read anyone having a lawsuit against the company yet...

i'm sure you've all read the article about the parents in their 20's who are going to jail for not feeding their babies and what not because they were all about playing online games instead.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/arti...559767113.html
    Last edited by htcmda; 24th July 2007 at 10:14 AM. Reason: added link to story

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by htcmda View Post

or

that game ruins peoples lives, i dunno why i haven't read anyone having a lawsuit against the company yet...

i'm sure you've all read the article about the parents in their 20's who are going to jail for not feeding their babies and what not because they were all about playing online games instead.

Lawsuit? A bit harsh, I have played WOW since day one and so do my friends and none of us have had any fluctuation in weight nor loss of a social life because of it.

It's called self control if your an adult, or if your a kid the parents should set limits and boundaries IMO.

To each their own obviously, if it wasn't blizzard making the addictive games someone else would be doing it instead so no real change there.
    White 2009 Macbook
    Asus G1 (Model P)
    ASUS G71GX-RX05
    Asus G73JH-RBBX05
    Asus G74-SX

Notebook Evangelist

Anyway - it's funny - don't they feel they are going to die? How can they keep playing to death? shouldn't be funny... but LOL

can i haz broadwell?

My computer room:

n o n s e n s e - w a r s . c o m

Intel NUC DC53427HYE Akasa Newton V/i5-3427U/8GB/HD 4000/830 128GB/7 Pro
    ThinkPad Yoga i5-4300U/4GB/HD 4400/FHD/Digitizer/Pro 1500 180GB/8.1 Pro

D830 Review/CPU Compatibility/GPU Reflow

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Vaath View Post
    It's called self control if your an adult, or if your a kid the parents should set limits and boundaries IMO.
    OMG this is the most sensible thing I've ever read on NBR.

Overweight? Put the ice cream down. In debt? Stop buying **** with your credit card. Most of life's problems are created because people don't have any self control, and don't take any personal responsibility for their actions. They like to blame it on 'the system' and 'society' and other bull**** like that.

There's a lot screwed up kids out there turning into screwed up adults, because their parents let them run amok and do as they please instead of setting (and enforcing) boundaries and limitations.

Ok, I'm done ranting.
    1. Macbook Pro C2D@2.33Ghz, 4GB, 320 GB, ATI X1600, DVDRW, OSX 10.6.
    2. Toughbook CF-71 P2@366Mhz, 256MB, 40GB, DVD, Win2000

Notebook Evangelist

I guess you both right
    Last edited by davron; 1st August 2007 at 02:59 PM.

Forum Moderator

Photo of my room with nothing in... i only moved in a few days ago!, will post some more tomorrow!

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by htcmda View Post

or

I just happened to read that post, and I would like to tell you how stupid that sounds.

Why the hell should a company be sued for making a good game? Should Panasonic be sued for making good TVs? Should Ford be sued for making good cars (assuming they do)? Seriously, if you have no self-control that's your own damn problem, but it's frivolous lawsuits like this that make the American legal system a joke.

By the way, I don't even play WoW, so don't think I'm defending it because I like it. I'm defending it because I think people should be held accountable for their own damn actions.

Sorry for continuing to lead the thread off track - I just felt I had to make a point.
    Last edited by NinjaNoodles; 25th July 2007 at 12:38 PM.
    Premium Web and Graphic Design

Black flash after Windows loads?
    REMOVE BLOATWARE: Optimize Any Sony VAIO With a Semi-Clean Install!
    CONFIRMED: CR, SZ, FZ, AR, TZ, FE, NR | AWAITING RESULTS: NEWER MODELS | FAILED: NONE

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNoodles View Post
    I just happened to read that post, and I would like to tell you how stupid that sounds.

Why the hell should a company be sued for making a good game? Should Panasonic be sued for making good TVs? Should Ford be sued for making good cars (assuming they do)? Seriously, if you have no self-control that's your own damn problem, but it's frivolous lawsuits like this that make the American legal system a joke.

By the way, I don't even play WoW, so don't think I'm defending it because I like it. I'm defending it because I think people should be held accountable for their own damn actions.

Sorry for continuing to lead the thread off track - I just felt I had to make a point.
    companies get sued for things they make ALL the time...
    video games get blamed for peoples actions and some kids deaths..and actions are taken, it's just something that happens and all i said was i'm surprised nobody has done that with this company yet...