Quantcast How to Switch On Wifi of Sony Vaio E Series Model No. SVE141E11CVW

+ Reply to Thread

Default How to Switch On Wifi of Sony Vaio E Series Model No. SVE141E11CVW

I can't use the Wifi of my Sony Vaio E Series. I've tried to consult it to our IT personnel and even to the store where I purchased my unit but still no luck.
    As per technician's comment, the hardware and software are working properly. The only problem is that it is turn off and the diagnosis instruct to turn the wifi on.
    Now, here is the difficult part - how to turn on wifi of sony vaio e series model no. sve14e11cvw?. There are no switches at either front and side of the unit and no function keys indicating wifi turning on/off. The only thing the windows help mentioned is to turn the wifi switch located at the front or side of the unit or use function keys, if applicable - but all of these can't be found in my unit.

Is there anybody there that can help my problem?

Sacred Blame

Default Re: How to Switch On Wifi of Sony Vaio E Series Model No. SVE141E11CVW

There is usually a Fn + F key combo that turns it on or off, I have not yet seen a notebook that didn't have one, the icon may differ though. You could always try reinstalling your wireless driver and whatever wireless management utility sony provides (if the do provide one).
    Current: Precision M6700¦3720qm¦2x240GB SSD + 256GB mSATA¦32GB DDR3 1600MHz¦Firepro M6000
    Sold: Asus G73Jh-A2¦920xm¦160GB G3 + 7K750¦Chastity vBios¦ICD7 + 0.5mm pads¦Intel 6300
    Secondary: Elitebook 2760p¦2410m¦250GB SSD¦8 GB DDR3¦HD 3000

That's the problem now because there is no Fn + key combo or function keys to turn the wifi on or off.

Notebook Retailer

Look for a proprietary utility for your model then. I've run into old HP/Compaq laptops that did not have hotkeys for the wireless (unless I overlooked it) and instead was controlled through the HP Wireless Assistant. Sony should have something along the same lines for managing your WiFi.

We custom build Clevo, Asus, MSI and Lenovo laptops. Exclusive NBR member discount available!
    Sales: 888/576-6776

first go to start at the left bottom part of your screen type in search wireless and look for
    VAIO smart network or just type VAIO smart network
    then a window is going to pop out
    and there should be an option to turn on or off you computer WiFi i hope this help you have a good day