Quantcast Adding internal wireless to HP NX9110

Closed Thread

Default Adding internal wireless to HP NX9110

Hello all, new to forum; IT geek for too long...

Just replaced the screen on an HP NX9110. Replacement screen came with internal wireless antenna.

This unit didn't come with internal wireless option.

Question: If I acquire a mini-pci wireless card, is there some way to enable wireless function without having the hardware wireless button on the case front bezel corner that would normally be present on one of these units that originally came with internal wireless networking?

Unlike a lot of notebooks, I can't seem to find any reference to a function hotkey for doing this from the keyboard. Doesn't look like HP included that particular hotkey on this model, even the ones that had the built-in wireless networking option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance for any advice or comments from anyone.
    HP Pavilion DV7-1451nr
    HP 430 Notebook
    Desktops, servers, etc.

Default Re: Adding internal wireless to HP NX9110

Issue solved. For anyone interested, pins 11 & 13 on the mini-pci card can be masked off to turn on the network functions always. I used a very small piece of scotch tape to cover these pins and it worked perfectly.

This means that even though a notebook doesn't have the hardware button for internal wireless function, it can be enabled by this procedure.
    HP Pavilion DV7-1451nr
    HP 430 Notebook
    Desktops, servers, etc.