Quantcast Repeatedly Loosing Wireless Connection HP DV9000

Closed Thread

Default Repeatedly Loosing Wireless Connection HP DV9000

I have a HP DV9000 series laptop. This unit came with an internal 3945ABG wireless adapter. Lately, my connection gets dropped a few times per hour which is very frustrating. I upgraded the firmware without any improvement. I am interested in upgrading to N since my router has N capabilty. (Cisco/Linksys WRT610N) The range with ABG is stretched and I think N would be a nice improvement for my intermittent conectivity issues.

Is this a simple process of changing out the internal card for an up to date N card? Can anyone recommnend the best card to upgrade to that will fit in my chassis?

Dean

Rockin the pinktop

Default Re: Repeatedly Loosing Wireless Connection HP DV9000

Intel 4965, provided your laptop has 3 antennae for the wireless.

Past Thinkpad T60, Inspiron 1420, XPS M1330, Presario V2010us
    Present Inspiron 1520, Aspire One D150

Quote Originally Posted by millermagic View Post
    Intel 4965, provided your laptop has 3 antennae for the wireless.
    If it only has 2, can I just leave the B unplugged only utilizing G and N?

Notebook Consultant

i had the same issue on a dv9500 although i have 4695agn a reformat fixed the problem not sure hat it was but havent dropped a signal since
    note i have the same router too but my issue was on "N" i also have since put dd-wrt on instead of linksys firmware

Quote Originally Posted by bmwnick View Post
    i had the same issue on a dv9500 although i have 4695agn a reformat fixed the problem not sure hat it was but havent dropped a signal since
    note i have the same router too but my issue was on "N" i also have since put dd-wrt on instead of linksys firmware
    Did your laptop come with the 4695agn card? I am trying to find one to fit and all the Intel cards I have found state that they will not work in HP equipment. I did find one from a seller online with the manufacture of Broadcom that says HP "ok" for DV8000 but no mention of the DV9000. (Broadcom BCM4321 MiMO N mini-PCIe Wireless card for HP on EBAY)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Broadcom-BCM4321...item4a9c229091

Are these similar enough form factors to work in both? I have a DV6000 also and I am hoping to find one solution for both machines.

What did you do to "reformat"?

As far as your router, I have the WRT-610N but right now I am not utilizing the value of the "N" factor with abg cards in all my current laptops.

Dean

KLF
    NBR Super Modernator

Quote Originally Posted by evhfan2000 View Post
    If it only has 2, can I just leave the B unplugged only utilizing G and N?
    It isn't that easy The three antennas aren't meant for specific bands and N needs all three at the same time to achieve best speeds. Just get one extra antenna and wire it into the base of your laptop, it'll fit somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by evhfan2000 View Post
    Did your laptop come with the 4695agn card? I am trying to find one to fit and all the Intel cards I have found state that they will not work in HP equipment.

Are these similar enough form factors to work in both? I have a DV6000 also and I am hoping to find one solution for both machines.
    Unfortunately form factor has nothing to do with compatibility here. All those modern cards are same and they will physically fit in the internal connector.

HP uses whitelists in its bios. Only those cards included in the bios list are allowed to work. This is the compatibility the sellers in eBay should mean.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack scouts on fire off the shoulder of Well6. I watched sentryguns glitter in the dark near the 2fort4 gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Notebook Consultant

u have 3 ur all set find any intel 4965 that will work with HP and it should work also the antenna are for A G N hence 3 antenna..
    reformat is wiping puter out and reinstalling windows drivers programs etc... takes an hour or so u running vista? did your HP come with restore discs?