Quantcast res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#

Closed Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#

Hi. Im hoping someone here can help me.

Everytime I try to go to the Dell Community Forum website (http://en.community.dell.com/) from my laptop I get the message res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm# momentarily flash at the bottom left hand corner of my browser and the message saying Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. I've tried deleting all my cookies and resetting my router and have had no luck.

This is the only website where I've noticed this issue. It happens all the time and it doesnt matter what wireless connection I'm using. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Compaq Presario V4000T
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) M Processor 740 (1.73 GHz)
    15.4" WXGA BrightView Widescreen (1280x800)
    128MB ATI MOBILITY(TM) RADEON(R) X700
    2048MB DDR2 SDRAM
    80 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
    BYTECC Aluminum Cooling Pad

Moderately Boss

Default Re: res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#

Whats your ISP and internet connection?

Also what OS are you using?

Running of proxies?

Tried firefox?

The DNS server seems to be the issue
    . #flickr
    [Desktop] Silverstone LC20B | Q8200 2.8ghz | GTX680OCE | 8GB RAM | 128GB M4 SSD | 12TB HDD | Intel 6300N | Dell U3014
    [Notebook] HP DV2500 Verve SE | T7500 | 8400GS | 4GB DDR2 RAM | WD 250GB HDD | Intel 4965AGN |
    [Worktop] NZXT Apollo | i7-3770 | GTX 460SE | 12GB DDR3 | 120GB Intel 330 SSD | M-Audio Delta 66 | Dell U2913

Notebook Enthusiast

ISP is Comcast, and Im using a wireless connection. But I get this message no matter what wireless connection I'm using.

OS is windows XP.

Not running proxies.

I have not tried firefox. I'd prefer to fix the problem rather than avoid it. Like I said it just happens on the Dell Forum website.

How would I fix a problem with the DNS server if that is the issue?

Thanks.
    Compaq Presario V4000T
    2048MB DDR2 SDRAM

1 hr late but moving fast

Trying Firefox does not avoid the problem - it helps troubleshoot the issue. If you have no problems on that website when using Firefox, then the problem can be isolated to IE.
    If you have a problem, do everyone a huge favor: post the exact error message. Don't abbreviate or paraphrase.
    New to forums? You really should view this video!

XPS 15 L502x: Core i7-2670QM, 8GB RAM, Intel HD4000 + nVidia GeForce GT 540M , Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, 180GB Intel SSD, Windows 8 x64 Pro with Media Center

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
    Trying Firefox does not avoid the problem - it helps troubleshoot the issue. If you have no problems on that website when using Firefox, then the problem can be isolated to IE.
    ok i didn't think of it like that. I did download and try it from firefox. Same thing. I cannot access the website. I get a message saying the website can't be found.

I am trying to access the Dell forum directly from the Dell website itself.

I have tried deleting all my cookies, reset my modem, tried firefox, momentarily disabled my firewall. I can access the website from my desktop via cable internet running windows xp. i can also get to the dell forum from my wifes Mac using our wireless connection. Its just this one website. I have no idea how to fix this.
    Compaq Presario V4000T
    2048MB DDR2 SDRAM

1 hr late but moving fast

There are many Google hits on "res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#". Have you tried these two?

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findby...ieframedll.htm
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/for...-ff28980c36a2/
    If you have a problem, do everyone a huge favor: post the exact error message. Don't abbreviate or paraphrase.
    New to forums? You really should view this video!

XPS 15 L502x: Core i7-2670QM, 8GB RAM, Intel HD4000 + nVidia GeForce GT 540M , Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, 180GB Intel SSD, Windows 8 x64 Pro with Media Center

Notebook Evangelist

ieframe.dll is probably corrupt in some form or way.
    I got the bandwidth.

this is happening to a lot of people. According to what i understand internet explorer 8 has a malfunction. They also did an update to Internet explorer 7 that may have been uploaded on your automatic updates that is also causing the same problem. I read somewhere that they thought it was update kb931768. this has caused a lot of problems for a lot of people. If you are only having that problem on 1 site that is better than me. I can't bring anything up without hitting the refresh button a gazillion times. Everybody is suggesting to go to RegCure to fix, but its like $50. Someone suggested removing internet 7 and installing internet 6, but if you have service pack 3 on Internet 7 you can't reinstall #6. Another person suggested going to tools, Options, Advanced, Shut down Phishing Filter. I could only do the last one and now I only have to hit refresh once or twice on each site. They have been saying there is a fix for Vista for this problem, but not for XP. But I can't find it. Even went to Microsoft and no mention of the problem anywhere. Someone suggested that something may have attached to a browser on it during the update...I guess they are talking about a search tool bar. I recommend that you have at least 2 before you start removing any of them. 1 at a time and reinstall the one you removed before removing the next. I have 1 more to go to see if it works.

Lazy as the Day is Long

FWIW, I just opened the OP's link to the _Dell forum using IE8 running on WinXP Pro and didn't have a single problem. IE8 was installed yesterday and was updated, so it cannot be a necessary defect within IE8 itself.

Notebook Consultant

Try this:

Open command prompt, via 'Start' then Accessories
    The type this:

ipconfig /flushdns

This as it says will flush the cached dns addresses.
    Once done give it another go.

Sometimes fixes similar issues for me.
    Dell i9400
    T7400 2.16Ghz CPU
    4GB 667Mhz RAM
    nVidia go7900GS
    Gigabyte GN-WS30N WLAN

Vista x64 Ultimate