Quantcast How do I find out my wireless password?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default How do I find out my wireless password?

It's stored on one computer and automatically logs me in when I turn it on, but I can't remember what it is to log in with the other. On the computer that has it stored somewhere, is there a way to find out what it is?

Moderately Boss

Default Re: How do I find out my wireless password?

No sorry, you will need to log into your router to check or change the passkey or ask who ever controls the network.

We cannot help you retrieve or crack passwords. It is against forum rules.

Whos connection is it?
    . #flickr
    [Desktop] Silverstone LC20B | Q8200 2.8ghz | GTX680OCE | 8GB RAM | 128GB M4 SSD | 12TB HDD | Intel 6300N | Dell U3014
    [Notebook] HP DV2500 Verve SE | T7500 | 8400GS | 4GB DDR2 RAM | WD 250GB HDD | Intel 4965AGN |
    [Worktop] NZXT Apollo | i7-3770 | GTX 460SE | 12GB DDR3 | 120GB Intel 330 SSD | M-Audio Delta 66 | Dell U2913

Notebook Evangelist

The easiest solution is to just reset your router to factory defaults and then set a new password for the router by going to the administration page (e.g. 192.168.1.1). If you google your router's model number, there are usually pages telling you the default login in case you don't have your manual anymore.
    [ Sony Vaio SR XP Downgrade Guide ]
    I cried when I had no shoes, until I met a man with no feet... Then I laughed really hard.

Notebook Consultant

It's my network. What you're the police now? You're throwing out accussations at me of trying to hack someone else's network?! If I wanted to crack I'd go to remote exploit or one of the air crack forums. It's already stored on the computer! The password is normally auto-filled by the computer, and I have the computer with me. If it's already there, it's stored in a folder on the computer somewhere right?

Obviously if I have a computer that auto-fills the password and has access the network already, I'm allowed to use the network! I'm just asking where it's located!
    Last edited by flipfire; 1st December 2008 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Language

Notebook Prophet

http://www.pctipguys.com/index.php?o...d=69&Itemid=36

(sorry to spam, but if you googled it it is a first hit)

Moderately Boss

You should know the password if it is your network.

Obviously if I have a computer that auto-fills the password and has access the network already, I'm allowed to use the network! I'm just asking where it's located!
    The password is located in the router. Passwords doesnt auto-fill itself until you initially input the password yourself and make the connection persistent.
    . #flickr
    [Desktop] Silverstone LC20B | Q8200 2.8ghz | GTX680OCE | 8GB RAM | 128GB M4 SSD | 12TB HDD | Intel 6300N | Dell U3014
    [Notebook] HP DV2500 Verve SE | T7500 | 8400GS | 4GB DDR2 RAM | WD 250GB HDD | Intel 4965AGN |
    [Worktop] NZXT Apollo | i7-3770 | GTX 460SE | 12GB DDR3 | 120GB Intel 330 SSD | M-Audio Delta 66 | Dell U2913

Monkeymod

Quote Originally Posted by nizzy1115 View Post
    http://www.pctipguys.com/index.php?o...d=69&Itemid=36

(sorry to spam, but if you googled it it is a first hit)
    Very interesting application, but how do I know if at the same time it gives me the password, it doesn't send it out of my network, to you for example?

"Nothing is free but ignorance"

IFL90 15.4" WSXGA+, T7700 4GB RAM, HD 160GB, BT, WiFi, Vista Business, FP.

Notebook Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by flipfire View Post

The password is located in the router. Passwords doesnt auto-fill itself until you initially input the password yourself and make the connection persistent.
    What about the people that payed johnny 14 year old neighbor to set it all up only to realize years later he password protected them out of it and dont have the know how to reset it all and start over?

My post will reveal a key that you input into your computer, not one that you dont already know. - please dont reprimand me for it.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by flipfire View Post

Many people (myself included) probably do not keep the password after everything is connected, much easier to set it and forget it.

Notebook Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessman View Post
    Very interesting application, but how do I know if at the same time it gives me the password, it doesn't send it out of my network, to you for example?
    i didnt make the application if it does that its not to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast