Quantcast Windows Vista WiFi connection problems "Local only" connections - Page 2

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Windows Vista WiFi connection problems "Local only" connections

Add me as another experiencing Vista and internet access off router issues.

I nerrowed it down to my Vista PCs since my XP and one Vista notebook wich was just days ago an XP machine had no issues. This only happens at a 2nd home router (D-Link WBR 2310) and not at primary home with d-Link N extreme gaming Router. Both locations had IP reservations set to same IP address.

I can ista but as soon as one more Vista notebook connects, the 2 Vista wifi notebooks begin to drop internet connection and periodically the connection to router as well. It hangs at "identifying pubilc networks" connection to local only then. I did change to private network and it appears to do the same.

At the 2nd home connection under wifi details, I get an value/address under link-logic IPv6 yet nothing shows for IPv6 default gateway and DNS server. Is there supposed to be something automatically entered here or do I need to do it myself and if so, where do I get the values from?

Any iseas?

I once had the same issue and i resolved it using a tiny software. Here is the link that teach how to do it.

http://borgetech.blogspot.com/2009/0...-problems.html

Hey, i have the same problem. I am trying to use my laptop as the hotspot so that i can browse internet on my phone using the wifi. It gets connected but i cannot access the internet. It shows the access is local.

Any help will be appreciated. Anyone succeeded in connecting their mobiles or ipod ?

Cheers

Be sure your wireless adapter is set to OBTAIN an IP address (and/or DNS) AUTOMATICALLY (DHCP), a setting that most, if not all hotspots require.
    Search your OS's help menu for DHCP for instructions on how to confirm your wireless adapter automatically obtains these settings.

If not, your wireless adapter won't be able to receive an IP address from the hotspot and you won't get through to the internet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12