Quantcast 570m Overclock - Page 13

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: 570m Overclock

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: 570m Overclock

Quote Originally Posted by jrwingate6 View Post
    If you are willing to pull your CPU/GPU, you could order some IC Diamond and apply it yourself. That way, you could lower your temps a little more. Also keep in mind that Furmark is likely causing your GPU to run hotter than one of the games you usually play. I would keep those same settings and run your favorite game while keeping Hardware Monitor open. Then you can see what temp the game is taking your GPU to.
    well i ll check it with witcher 2 tomorrow...then i ll report back,,,,,and well i really dont want to mess with the warranty as i have 2 years of warranty and i am planning to extend it to 3 years...so i am not gonna do it myself..i mean i manually upgraded the ram of my system,,but thats it.
    Also i was wondering if i ask at the msi service centre to upgrade the thermal paste..will they do it...
    and for running bf3 at ultra settings ,will some lower clocking work? if yes then what are those settings supposed to be??.
    Current Notebook:
    MSI GT683DXR|Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2GHz|GPU-Nvidia GTX 570M|16GB RAM|1TB HDD(500GB*2 RAID 0)7200rpm [/B]
    [/B]

Headphones: Razer Banshee StarCraft II|Philips SHP2000
    Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 9|Razer Mamba

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Flapo View Post
    guitarmafia, i had the same issue when my computer was new. i thought that it was something wroong with it. at 720 core i reached 91 c in temperatures. NOW, NOTE TO ALL PROFESIONALS AND COMMON USERS. THIS IS NOT A REAL TIP BUT IT WORKED FOR ME AND I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS BUT TO FIND AN ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION THAT MAY PROVIDE THE SAME RESULTS.

HERES THE CASE: when i bought it i got temperatures up to 91c with 720 core overclock. i was worried but just decided i was gonna change to IC diamond in a month. on day i lend my computer to my GF and she uses it for a while and the she puts in in the bag WHILE IT STILL WAS ON. she then handled me the bag after couple of hours and i noticed the bag was HOT, then i checked the laptop and it was off (hibernated) due to depletion of battery. i was worried something wrong had happened BUT TO MY SURPRISE i started gaming the next day and temps with 720 core OC didnt exceed 82c degrees. i rechecked for weeks and the results remained.

3 months later and my laptop is still as good as new and temps with 720 core oc dont exceed 82c. NOTE TO SELF: THIS IS ON STOCK THERMAL PASTE. I NOW HAVE IC DIAMOND AND USE 820 CORE OC OVERVOLTED TO 0.90 V AND TEMP DOESNT EXCEED 84C
    Well yes i have read ur experience in some other thread also(may be msi gt683dxr official lounge),,,and i am not gonna try that...i hope it works out for me....
    in ur case i guess somehow the thermal paste melted and rearranged itself..
    Current Notebook:
    MSI GT683DXR|Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2GHz|GPU-Nvidia GTX 570M|16GB RAM|1TB HDD(500GB*2 RAID 0)7200rpm [/B]
    [/B]

Notebook Enthusiast

Hmmm,,i cant believe what i noticed....well playing withcer 2 at medium settings makes the temp go to 77C max.....while left 4 dead 2 which is almost 2 years old game makes temp go upto 87C...
    i think that is due to poor optimisation or something,,,
    And i believe i am suffering from the same problem as Flapo..
    Current Notebook:
    [/B]

Notebook Retailer

Left 4 dead 2 is a very demanding game, it places equally large loads on CPUs and GPUs. I used to have to scale my Q9200 back to 2.66ghz at the lowest possible voltage the motherboard could handle for an extended session of it.
    Sales@PowerNotebooks.com | Phone: (US) 877-711-1777 - CALL US FOR NOTEBOOKREVIEW ACTIVE MEMBER DISCOUNTS

Custom Built Sager, MSI, PowerPro, ASUS and Alienware Laptop computers, and Custom Built Crown Desktop Computers
    ResellerRatings.com Customer Satisfaction Rating =
    10/10 Better Business Bureau A+ Rated

Notebook Evangelist

How high can you usually overclock the core to without bumping voltage? The reason I ask is because I'm currently at 710 core and after playing Battlefield 3 on a mix of high and ultra for two hours straight, my GPU maxed out at 67 Celsius. I just basically want to know how high I should take the core too with the stock voltage.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Meaker View Post
    Left 4 dead 2 is a very demanding game, it places equally large loads on CPUs and GPUs. I used to have to scale my Q9200 back to 2.66ghz at the lowest possible voltage the motherboard could handle for an extended session of it.
    Well i accept that L4D2 is a demanding game....i was a fan of the game when it released....but thinking it is more demanding than witcher 2 is not sensible ,,,,as i said earlier it is due to poor optimization of the game...thats y it heats the gpu so much...
    what do u think about using a cooling pad?...according to me even a good cooling pad will make a difference of 3-4C at max.. nothing more,, i dont know what to do about this heating prob of my gpu(if it really is a prob)..
    Current Notebook:
    [/B]

Notebook Retailer

Witcher 2 is likely more graphically demanding which means your CPU wont be working as hard to feed it data therefore overall the power consumption goes down. There is a lot of group AI too. Counter-intuitive but there you go.
    Sales@PowerNotebooks.com | Phone: (US) 877-711-1777 - CALL US FOR NOTEBOOKREVIEW ACTIVE MEMBER DISCOUNTS

Custom Built Sager, MSI, PowerPro, ASUS and Alienware Laptop computers, and Custom Built Crown Desktop Computers

Notebook Enthusiast

hey guys... gonna start to tinker with overclocking my 570 in my GT780 and will start with JRWingate6's advice of 690/1380/1530 and maybe head north to 700/1400 if the temps stay under my comfort level... I am used to using Furmurk for the stress tests but has anybody compared MSI Kombustor to Furmarks regular burn in program.... I figure it has to be the same since Furmark made it but wanted to check with the more experience users... I downloaded it when I got Aterburner and figured I would just stick with it... if it pushes the GPU as hard as the regular one... thanks.
    MSI GT780DXR // i7-2670QM // GTX 570M // 12 GB DDR3 1333 // 1 TB HDD Raid // Win 7

Notebook Retailer

As far as I know its just an MSI branded furmark.

Notebook Enthusiast

Hi folks,

My VBIOS will not allow me to bump the voltage to 0.9v. Would someone be able to post their original backup BIOS that can be bumped, so I can work with that for my OC. I am on a barebones 16F2, so I assume a BIOS from one of those would be best?

Cheers,

Scott