Quantcast MSI Wind + Windows 7 + Enable/Disable Wifi button

Closed Thread
    Notebook Evangelist

Default MSI Wind + Windows 7 + Enable/Disable Wifi button

Has anyone else had the following problem. After installing Windows 7 RC on the MSI Wind (U100) the Enable/Disable Wifi button (Fn+F11) does not seem to affect the Wireless connection.

Pressing the button does toggle the leds on the machine, and also System Control Manager displays the correct icons (off/off, wifi/off, off/bluetooth, wifi/bluetooth). However, even when wifi should be off, it is not actually off, Windows has still access to the internet.

Turning Bluetooth on and off seems to be working: it is actually switched off when using the Fn+F11.

Anyone has a solution for this? Especially sometimes on battery I would really want Wifi to be truly off.
    ThinkPad T430 i7-3520M/16Gb/256Gb SSD/optimus/win8 -- MacBook Pro 13" [2010] -- iPad mini
    Previously:
    ThinkPad X201i -- ThinkPad T500 (W7 install guide) -- ACER TM6592 -- ASUS V1JP(Review) -- ASUS V6V -- ASUS M3N

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: MSI Wind + Windows 7 + Enable/Disable Wifi button

I have the same problem with my Sony Vaio FW. When I try to turn on the wifi manually it hangs...

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: MSI Wind + Windows 7 + Enable/Disable Wifi button

Windows 7 just offered me a new update to the Realtek wireless card. After installing the new driver, the Wireless on/off button now works in Windows 7 RC.
    ThinkPad T430 i7-3520M/16Gb/256Gb SSD/optimus/win8 -- MacBook Pro 13" [2010] -- iPad mini
    Previously:
    ThinkPad X201i -- ThinkPad T500 (W7 install guide) -- ACER TM6592 -- ASUS V1JP(Review) -- ASUS V6V -- ASUS M3N