Notebook Retailer

Default Re: Msi Gx620

Quote Originally Posted by Msiowner View Post
    hey everyone on msi driver update page there's 2 version of drivers:

TV Tuner Drivers for GX620 (Digital)
    and
    TV Tuner Drivers for GX620 (Hybrid)

what is the difference between those 2?
    One is for a digital only tuner and the other is for a hybrid (analog/digital combo).

If you purchased and installed a tuner from msi in the usa the only one that was offered that I am aware of was the hybrid. The drivers on the website I am pretty sure are the same version that is on the CD shipped with your tuner. They have not been updated.

Notebook Enthusiast

thanks for clearing things up!

Notebook Enthusiast

I can't find the serial number so that i can register it .... can anyone tell me where exactly can i find it ... i know it is under the barcode but i can't find the bar code ....

Mastershake

where did you buy it from
    See my guide on how to make a bootable usb stick: http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/246530-how-flash-your-bios-dos-using-usb-stick.html new updated one will be here soon: http://forum.notebookreview.com/show...87&postcount=1
    laptop lol which one... we have 8 currently at home..
    Meatwad you're up next, with your knock-knock.
    Meatwad make the money see. Meatwad get the honeys G. Drivin in my car, living like a star ice on my fingers and my toes, and im a taurus

Notebook Retailer

Quote Originally Posted by mindmadness View Post
    I can't find the serial number so that i can register it .... can anyone tell me where exactly can i find it ... i know it is under the barcode but i can't find the bar code ....
    The serial number is usually in the battery slot. Remove the battery and you should see it on the chassis. The serial number should also be on the label on the carry box that has the handle.

Hi everyone,

I just got an MSI GX620, and I am pleased with it except for one BIG issue: the DVD burner is complete rubbish. It's the Optiarc AD-7560S with SX01 firmware. I simply cannot get it to burn DVDs properly, it always produces coasters around the 90% burn mark with Alcohol 120%/IMGBurn, etc. The choice of program used for burning really doesn't matter, it stops burning randomly close to the end of the disc burn.

For background, I had an Asus F3SV with the HL-DT-ST GSA-T20L drive and it was BULLETPROOF. It burned hundreds of the same blank media as I am using right now with NO problems whatsoever.

I am willing to swap out the drive, but then I learned that this computer uses a SATA motherboard connector. I have searched Google till I went blue in the face, but I haven't found many SATA slimline burners except for an Intel one, and the LG CT10N, which has BD read support, and is really expensive. My options now:

1) I still have my beloved T20L, which is IDE. Is there ANY way of adapting the IDE drive to fit the SATA connector on the motherboard? Will this work? Has it been done?

2) Buy a new, good drive...I don't need BD read support, so the CT10N is a waste of money. Is there a GOOD, RELIABLE, BULLETPROOF DVD burner that is both slimline and SATA??? There really don't seem to be many around for some reason, despite the fact that SATA is replacing IDE as the connector of choice on the new laptop motherboards.

Thanks for your help...this issue is really driving me up the wall, since I burn lots of discs and now I can't even burn 1 without problems.

SNB

Mastershake

i have 7 of these drives in misc notebooks and all work perfect.. what media are you using
    See my guide on how to make a bootable usb stick: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=246530 new updated one will be here soon: http://forum.notebookreview.com/show...87&postcount=1
    laptop lol which one... we have 8 currently at home..
    Meatwad you're up next, with your knock-knock.
    Meatwad make the money see. Meatwad get the honeys G. Drivin in my car, living like a star ice on my fingers and my toes, and im a taurus

Notebook Retailer

Quote Originally Posted by sbakar View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just got an MSI GX620, and I am pleased with it except for one BIG issue: the DVD burner is complete rubbish. It's the Optiarc AD-7560S with SX01 firmware. I simply cannot get it to burn DVDs properly, it always produces coasters around the 90% burn mark with Alcohol 120%/IMGBurn, etc. The choice of program used for burning really doesn't matter, it stops burning randomly close to the end of the disc burn.

For background, I had an Asus F3SV with the HL-DT-ST GSA-T20L drive and it was BULLETPROOF. It burned hundreds of the same blank media as I am using right now with NO problems whatsoever.

I am willing to swap out the drive, but then I learned that this computer uses a SATA motherboard connector. I have searched Google till I went blue in the face, but I haven't found many SATA slimline burners except for an Intel one, and the LG CT10N, which has BD read support, and is really expensive. My options now:

1) I still have my beloved T20L, which is IDE. Is there ANY way of adapting the IDE drive to fit the SATA connector on the motherboard? Will this work? Has it been done?

2) Buy a new, good drive...I don't need BD read support, so the CT10N is a waste of money. Is there a GOOD, RELIABLE, BULLETPROOF DVD burner that is both slimline and SATA??? There really don't seem to be many around for some reason, despite the fact that SATA is replacing IDE as the connector of choice on the new laptop motherboards.

Thanks for your help...this issue is really driving me up the wall, since I burn lots of discs and now I can't even burn 1 without problems.

SNB

You probably have a hardware failure with the optical drive. These drives work perfectly. If you have a GX620 pre-configured system I would suggest calling msi and setup an rma for a replacement drive.

Quote Originally Posted by robm@rkcomputer.net View Post
    You probably have a hardware failure with the optical drive. These drives work perfectly. If you have a GX620 pre-configured system I would suggest calling msi and setup an rma for a replacement drive.
    Hi,

This might be a good option, but I can't go without my laptop, so I will see if they will take just the drive back. The service centre is in Toronto, I am further east in Kingston.

Regarding the previous poster's question, it's good to see that your experience has been very positive. I use Fujifilm DVDs (RITEK RIDATA), Verbatim CDs (CMC) and Memorex DVD DLs, all of which worked flawlessly multiple times with the GSA-T20L. Plus, Alcohol 120% shows this drive as "0:1" which I believe means it is unable to make identical copies of some discs. I could be wrong.

SNB

Notebook Enthusiast

I can't play CDs on my laptop ... DVDs work just fine but the CDs won't ... can anyone help?