Quantcast Whats so bad about Vista?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default Whats so bad about Vista?

Just as the title says, been talkin' to a few people (and some forums), and everyone is like 'Win 7 is the way to go' 'Vistas buggy' 'XP was better' and so on ...
    I used xp for nearly 6 years and when Vista was released I've never looked back since. I find it VERY user friendly.

So what do you guys and ladies think, and what are your experiences with Vista?

Also I have not tried Win 7 yet, but with Vista fulfilling my daily needs why should I?

Cheers,
    Perrin

Notebook Guru

Default Re: Whats so bad about Vista?

Home wise Vista is fine, it's driver support should be a lot better now.

Office wise, almost all places I know inc mne avoid Vista like the plague.

Notebook Virtuoso

Short answer: Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by perrin_aybara View Post
    Also I have not tried Win 7 yet, but with Vista fulfilling my daily needs why should I?
    Well, Win7 does have some neat improvements in its new interface, and it is overall a refined version of Vista. But if you are happy with the way Vista works for you now, then there's no reason to invest the time and money to upgrade your OS.

Notebook Consultant

Win 7 may be spruced-up Vista, but why do people dislike it so much?
    It aint that bad is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trixster101 View Post
    Home wise Vista is fine, it's driver support should be a lot better now.

Office wise, almost all places I know inc mne avoid Vista like the plague.
    My work still uses XP sp2.
    Last edited by MidnightSun; 27th December 2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: multipost

Notebook Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by perrin_aybara View Post
    Win 7 may be spruced-up Vista, but why do people dislike it so much?
    It aint that bad is it?
    Nope, Vista is and was perfectly fine. This is just an instance of ignorant masses blabbering nonsense, and parroting other ignorant people. The fairytale of Vista being so terrible has taken on a life of its own, no matter how little it has to do with reality. Shrug...

Notebook Nobel Laureate

if people like win7, they can't dislike vista except for being cool to dislike it. win7 is based on vista, heavily, and most of the "wows of win7" are founded in vista.
    "I will always question your question. I know you won't like it. But it could help. It often does. It's at least worth a try. Consider it."
    davepermen.net relaunched, first album tracks available

Notebook Virtuoso

The main issue stems from the problem that Vista requires at least 1GB of RAM to run in a usable capacity.
    2GB if you want optimal daily use of the OS.
    512MB is the minimum required... but it will run SLOW.

It was initially installed on machines that had 512MB of RAM, or even 1GB, and was accompanied by A LOT of bloat-ware (which was slowing things down even more).

XP SP3 runs fine on systems with 512MB RAM (without bloat)... Vista is more demanding.

It was a problem of the manufacturers who were idiotic enough to put Vista and their bloat on laptops with 512MB RAM.

One thing to keep in mind is that manufacturers can put their garbage on computers without allowing background processes or startup items at the same time, but they don't do this.
    Acer Aspire 5930G - 15"
    CPU: T9600 (1.05V)RAM: 8GB-DDR2/800Mhz SSD: 128GB Kingston V300 HDD: HITACHI TRAVLSTAR 7K500 GPU: 9600M GT GDDR3 (0.89V) Chipset: PM45 (BIOS: 1.23) OS: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x64

/dev/null

Quote Originally Posted by davepermen View Post
    if people like win7, they can't dislike vista except for being cool to dislike it. win7 is based on vista, heavily, and most of the "wows of win7" are founded in vista.
    It is cool to dislike Vista just like it is cool to own Apple Products.
    "Coolaids" spread by sheeps.
    Selling OS X to Linux Users is like selling inferior ice to Eskimos.

I am a Night Elf Mohawk!

If you were a early adopter of Vista (Beta) like me, the growing pains where horrible, that's why people like me have issues with Vista. Sure now Vista is a good OS, but in it's early stages, ouch. I guess Vista to me was a growing experience that left a lot of baggage. I think this is the main reason people have a bad perception of Vista. I love Windows 7, it maybe Vista spuced up, but at lest it works out of the box

SPACE BLACK ALIENWARE M17X R2 17" R G B LED/i7 720QM/Dual ATI 5870 CF/16GB DDR3 1333/OCZ Vertex 2 120GB, Momentus XT 500GB/Blue Ray Burner/Intel WiFi N-6300
    COSMIC BLACK ALIENWARE M11X :: SU7300 :: 335M :: 8GB DDR3 :: Momentus XT 500GB

ASUS G73JW-A1 :: Intel WiFi N-6300
    Gateway's: P-7805u FX :: 1920x1200 res :: (2) 250 7200rpm RAID0 :: Blue Ray :: P-171X FX :: P-6860 FX
    Desktop: EVGA 780i SLI :: e8400 :: (2)150gb 10,000rpm RAID0 :: (2)8800GTS640 OC SLI :: 4gb DDR3

Notebook Virtuoso

But essentially, are Vista and Win 7 similar in terms of installed size?

MS Surface RT 32GB + 64GB
    Nexus 10 running JB 4.2.2
    Actively looking...
    ThinkPad R400 P8600|4GB RAM|Hitachi 500 GB HDD|GMA X4500|Windows 8 Pro x64|Unbridled Enthusiasm

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast