Quantcast using bluetooth headset with T60?

Closed Thread
    Notebook Guru

Default using bluetooth headset with T60?

Will my Motorola bluetooth headset work with T60 bluetooth?

Notebook Deity

Default Re: using bluetooth headset with T60?

As used as a headset and microphone (for music or Skype) you mean? I'd be interested in knowing if that is possible myself.

Should work. Try it out and let us know. My neighbor has a BT headset and he uses it for skype as well as to listen to music sometimes.
    IBM Thinkpad T60

Quit PMing me with questions! Post in the forums!

Notebook Deity

How does one sync it to the machine though? For that matter, how does one sync a BT headset to a BT phone?

Notebook Enthusiast

Bluetooth devices communicate though "profiles". These determine the type of link that is established between the devices. For example, a BT headset communites through the headset profile (HSP) or the handsfree profile (HFP). I have a bluetooth mouse that uses the Human Interface Device (HID) profile. Wikipedia has a very complete listing of the profiles if you search for Bluetooth Profile.

I currently use a BT headset with a BT dongle that sticks out of one of my USB ports. I originally just used the Microsoft BT software (referred to as a stack). It doesn't support very many profiles. The ones that I know it supports is HID and DUN (Dial up Networking - use your cell phone to get internet). In order to make my headset work, I had to install the software that came with the adapter. Now It works quite well. So wheter or not it will work is a matter of whether or not Lenovo includes a non-Microsoft BT stack.

I'm really hope that they do because not having a BT dongle would be awesome. One less thing to hang off the computer. I'm going to be purchasing a new T60 in the near future. I talked to Lenovo and they assured me that anything compatible with the OS would work. Its not really much help because lots of devices are compatible with the OS, but need additional software to work.

If you pair your BT headset, then go into Sounds & Audio Devices and change the output to Bluetooth Audio. This will route the audio to the headset and change the microphone input to the headset. I have to say that its pretty cool to be able to talk to people as I walk around the room and not have to worry about wires or feedback.

Notebook Deity

What if someone else in the room has a BT headset? How does one sync their headset with the internal BT in the laptop?

Notebook Guru

I use the cardo scala 500 (http://www.cardowireless.com/scalaproducts.php) for use with my cell phone.

I've tried using skype with it either with the bluetooth dongle I have with my desktop pc, or t60. Both works. You just need to pair them up.