Quantcast t60 wireless radio on/off problem. help please!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dmc
    Notebook Geek

Default t60 wireless radio on/off problem. help please!

hey everyone. so last night i used bluetooth for the first time on my t60 (ive had it for a few months though). when i clicked on the bluetooth icon it prompted me to install a bunch of drivers, after which my wireless internet turned off. however the wireless internet light by the screen was still on. but when i hit fn+f5 to bring up the wireless menu, it said the wireless was off. when i try to turn it "on", the button on the screen is unresponsive.

the problem seems to me to be that it thinks that it is already on (since the status light is lit up) but the thinkvantage software thinks that it is off so it cant do anything about it. i dont know if this has something to do with the bluetooth drivers installed (it went off the instant they were done downloading) but i would really like to know how to reset my wireless etc. i know my lan is not down because my friends computer can still connect to it and my desktop also works. please help!!thanks

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: t60 wireless radio on/off problem. help please!

did u chk the hardware wifi button in front?
    turn it off restart.. then turn it back on...
    after that u can also try re-installing access connections...
    Last edited by ShamuaL; 24th August 2006 at 01:14 AM.

________________________________________________________________________________
    :=: ThinkPad T60 :=:
    [ - 2GHz Core Duo - 1GB DDR2 SDRAM - 100 GB HDD - 15 inch Flexview - XP Pro - ]

dmc
    Notebook Geek

yeah i tried restarting and flipping the hardware switch. how do i go about reinstalling thinkpad connections if i cant connect to the internet? thanks.

Notebook Consultant

Install the latest version of Access Connections. That fixes 95% of all wireless thinkpad issues.

dmc
    Notebook Geek

i just tried that with no success. i didnt notice any change at all and the wireless radio still wont power on. bleh. any other ideas?

Notebook Enthusiast

try calling ibm support... see if they have anything new..

________________________________________________________________________________
    :=: ThinkPad T60 :=:
    [ - 2GHz Core Duo - 1GB DDR2 SDRAM - 100 GB HDD - 15 inch Flexview - XP Pro - ]

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the exact same problem. After having this problem, I uninstalled the BT device and it appears to have affect my sound drivers as well.

Notebook Deity

There are two ways in which you can turn on/off your wireless and Bluetooth.

1) The switch on the front of your notebook.
    2) Press Fn+F5. Then click on the Wireless Radio tab. You'll see on/off buttons for both, if either is off, turn them on.

Not sure if that helps. Not sure if anyone's mentioned that already.
    Last edited by Matt; 9th April 2007 at 04:27 PM.

Yeah, I uninstalled the bluetooth drivers and it took out my audio, ports, and internet (wired and wireless) connectivity. I disabled the bluetooth from the bios so it doesn't show up in windows at all anymore. The wireless ethernet is switched off, and when i fn+f5 menu to turn it on, when i click it, nothing happens. Switch in the front is set on the on (right) position. Wired internet is also not connecting.

When I tried to uninstall or disable either the wired or wireless devices in device manager, it just freezes. Any idea on this one? At least the wired internet should come up, but no luck there either.

NBR Reviewer

So you reinstalled Access Connections, and still nothing? Are you sure that you downloaded and installed the drivers as well for the WiFi ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast