Quantcast Lenovo ThinkPad release schedule?

+ Reply to Thread
    Notebook Guru

Default Lenovo ThinkPad release schedule?

Anyone know Lenovo's release schedule / rumors? Ivy Bridge just came out, so I'm assuming it'll be a while, but I'm really pining for a ThinkPad with an IPS screen. I had to pull the trigger today, and decided to make due with an X220 refurb until they get their act together and release something worth staring at for hours at a stretch...

Anyone?

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Lenovo ThinkPad release schedule?

Expect new thinkpads when Haswell is released.
    Thinkpad T400 with P8600, WXGA+ CCFL, HD3470 switchable, 8 GB, 240 GB, and Windows 7 64

Notebook Evangelist

Yeah, if history is of any use, wait until spring 2013 until the next batch. And hope that the next time around Thinkpads screens don't come all glossy, Trackpoints still have their buttons, and keyboards still come with physical PgUp/PgDn/Home/End keys.

If you want a half-decent laptop screen, when you really must use a tiny display physically attached to the keyboard - get X230 IPS/T530+FHD/W530+FHD, or their older xx20 brothers. As far as laptop screen go, they are very decent.

If you want something worth staring at for hours at a stretch - get yourself a decent 23"+ IPS/PVA monitor. It's at least 200% physical space and 400% of usability compared to any laptop screen.

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by plympton View Post
    Anyone know Lenovo's release schedule / rumors? Ivy Bridge just came out, so I'm assuming it'll be a while, but I'm really pining for a ThinkPad with an IPS screen. I had to pull the trigger today, and decided to make due with an X220 refurb until they get their act together and release something worth staring at for hours at a stretch...

Anyone?
    there are thinkpad twist (this month), thinkpad helix coming (?). They are said to have IPS display, the latter with probably 1080p resolution (again a rumor).

Notebook Consultant

All I know is that with Windows 8 true resolution scaling, there is no reason for the X240(T) not to have a 2732x1536 resolution display with IPS technology.

Hopefully someone will get it pretty soon.

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by descendency View Post
    All I know is that with Windows 8 true resolution scaling, there is no reason for the X240(T) not to have a 2732x1536 resolution display with IPS technology.
    No reason, except lack of panels, increased cost and reduced battery life, while providing very little practical benefit to the user.