Quantcast HELPPPP 2100:Detection Error on HDD0 (Main HDD)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default HELPPPP 2100:Detection Error on HDD0 (Main HDD)

help, my x220 arrived today. First start up was great. Everything went smooth. Then it is time to change the HDD to SSD. Changed it remove the spacer M4, turning it on. I heard something strange then it just switches off. Then I tried removing the SSD inserted it again show this 2100:detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD)

Remove the SSD, install again the original HDD, still the same message ... I tried both SSD and HDD on my other computer using USB connection it works fine ... Any help would be appreciated. I'm confused ... the long awaited programm ...

And I did not do recovery disc ...

Moderately inquisitive

Default Re: HELPPPP 2100:Detection Error on HDD0 (Main HDD)

I wonder if the connector has a problem.

John

Notebook Consultant

the connector i guess means the mainboard as well right?

I tried also to recover using original windows 7 disc, but it does not see the drive during installation. So i guess this mean that my HDD connector was dead. I smell something funny too. It seems there is short circuit ... Any advise how to get a new product (repleacement) from Lenovo?

what do I tell the technical support? Thanks for the advice
    Last edited by MidnightSun; 24th May 2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Posts merged - please do not bump excessively.

ZaZ
    Super Model

I understand you're upset, but bumping your thread every hour is not permitted per the forum rules.

I think your your best course of action is to call Lenovo, explain what happened and see what they say.

Notebook Consultant

ZaZ, for the record I am not trying to bump my thread. Yes I am upset desperate looking for available solutions. Since I'm living in Indonesia I have very limited options. I asked my buyer in the US to get me a solution from Lenovo and no response. As per your suggested I will call Lenovo Indonesia today to see how it goes ...

For others doing the upgrade using M4 my suggestion is not to put the thin cover. Since it will have grounding issues. I read it somewhere but that guy managed to get it ON again and mine does not work. I think I have short circuited the X220.

Notebook Geek

I posted this already in another thread...

http://forum.notebookreview.com/leno...ml#post7492265

I guess you somehow fried the notebook's connector. Just tell Lenovo the hard disk doesn't work (which is true; replacing the drive shouldn't kill the notebook since it's a customer replaceable unit).

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by dbman190 View Post
    I posted this already in another thread...

http://forum.notebookreview.com/leno...ml#post7492265

I guess you somehow fried the notebook's connector. Just tell Lenovo the hard disk doesn't work (which is true; replacing the drive shouldn't kill the notebook since it's a customer replaceable unit).
    Well lucky for you and not so lucky for me. I have put the laptop in the depot service. They says I should be having it back within 10 working days. I called before to the Lenovo SE Asia and they said I don't have to pay anything since it is covered under IWS Waranty. They will even replace the HDD as well. Oh well something to soothened my terrible feeling ...

Notebook Geek

Quote Originally Posted by hitman_36 View Post
    Well lucky for you and not so lucky for me. I have put the laptop in the depot service. They says I should be having it back within 10 working days. I called before to the Lenovo SE Asia and they said I don't have to pay anything since it is covered under IWS Waranty. They will even replace the HDD as well. Oh well something to soothened my terrible feeling ...
    While this goes w/o saying, be sure to test the SDD in a USB caddy or something before you put it back in the repaired laptop, so you don't risk frying another SATA port. If it isn't detected without screws (or with the spacer in), RMA the SSD.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by dbman190 View Post
    While this goes w/o saying, be sure to test the SDD in a USB caddy or something before you put it back in the repaired laptop, so you don't risk frying another SATA port. If it isn't detected without screws (or with the spacer in), RMA the SSD.
    Any software to test the SSD? I tried both Crystaldisc and Acronis, they both did not detect the M4 256GB SSD. It showed up on my X201 though. I can out some files in it as well. But I really wanted to know the health of this drive. Any ideas? Thanks

Emodicon

HDTune (link in my signature) will let you access the SMART data of a hard drive/SSD, so you can use that to check the health of the drive. The fact that your X201 detects it but your X220 does not indicates that most likely, the drive is working perfectly fine, though.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast