Quantcast W520 internal microphone not working

Closed Thread

Default W520 internal microphone not working

Brand new W520 is making me crazy... internal microphone (conexant 20672 smartaudio hd) doesn't work. Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording shows it as enabled, levels are cranked all the way up, but it doesn't pick up any sound. I've tried manually reinstalling the driver from Lenovo Support - Conexant Audio Software for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP (32-bit) - ThinkPad with no luck. Has anyone else had this problem? tia

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: W520 internal microphone not working

When trying Skype I noticed that the mic almost didn't work in default setting = set to: Optimize my microphone for only my voice in the Communications Utility (Device Control > Lenovo Web Conferencing).
    After I changed the setting to "Multiple Voices" it seemed to pick up sound ok.

Notebook Evangelist

if you can find the thread I started to ask the exact same question 8-9 days ago (it actually may have been on the Lenovo forum) you will find a link to the answer. Both Skype and the microphone require new drivers that are so new that Lenovo Update doesn't pick them up. But they are on the Lenovo website.

Perry

Notebook Enthusiast

I actually found your thread about the new Conexant audio driver (thank you for that!) - but my issues were after installing it.