Quantcast Newbie X60s Issues (1704-4DU)

Closed Thread

Default Newbie X60s Issues (1704-4DU)

I read thru the XP clean install guide and searched and I'm having several issues. I started my clean install a couple of days ago based on my experience with my X30. Unfortunately the X60s hasn't been so smooth. I've searched and poked and prodded with moderate success, but no solutions so far.

At this point I have one items that won't install which is the power management. It wants there to be Microsoft .net framework 3.1 or better installed (I have 4.5 installed). No clue on what to do with that one. This is the version I d/l'd for the record:
    Lenovo Support & downloads - Power Manager for Windows XP - ThinkPad

I also have 4 unknown items in Device Mangler:

1) Biometric Coprocessor (don't care about the fingerprint reader)
    2) Fixed
    3) Unknown Device: ACPI\ATM1200\4&38462492&0 (On Intel(r) 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Controller - 27B9)
    4) Fixed

Theoretically, if I get my power management installed, then 3 & 4 should become a non-issue. I'd appreciate any guidance and thanks in advance everyone.

Kelly
    Last edited by KellyTTE; 18th June 2010 at 05:46 AM.

ZaZ
    Super Model

Default Re: Newbie X60s Issues (1704-4DU)

If you saved the SWTools Folder on the C:\ drive, you can burn it onto a disc and have device manager search the disc for the driver. I'm assuming you have a drive since you've managed to install XP.

Default Re: Newbie X60s Issues (1704-4DU)

Quote Originally Posted by ZaZ View Post
    If you saved the SWTools Folder on the C:\ drive, you can burn it onto a disc and have device manager search the disc for the driver. I'm assuming you have a drive since you've managed to install XP.
    Unfortunately I don't have any of the recovery tools. These were previously .gov puters and came with no HDD. I used a X60 docking station's DVD drive to install XP. At the moment, I'm UNinstalling .net framework 4.5 and REinstalling .net framework 3.5 to see if that will allow the power management installation to complete.

Thank you ZaZ.

Kelly