Quantcast Removing Bloatware

Closed Thread

Default Removing Bloatware

I just received my new Lenovo SL500 with Windows Vista. I want to remove as much of the pre-installed software as I possibly can, including the fingerprint scanner. Can somebody give me a list of all the junk that I can safely remove? It would be a great help. Thank you.

ZaZ
    Super Model

Default Re: Removing Bloatware

Everyone's going to answer than question differently. If you're unsure, google it to see if it's something you might want/need.

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Removing Bloatware

Quote Originally Posted by delrico View Post
    I just received my new Lenovo SL500 with Windows Vista. I want to remove as much of the pre-installed software as I possibly can, including the fingerprint scanner. Can somebody give me a list of all the junk that I can safely remove? It would be a great help. Thank you.
    you can safely remove all pre-installed software. In fact, you can install a fresh copy of Windows withou harming your laptop.
    Old: Thinkpad T400. CPU P8600 undervolted from 1.1375v to 0.95v. 4GB RAM. 7200.2 Momentus 160G. 1440x900 screen on HD 3470 . Used in 20 days.

New: Thinkpad T400. T9400, yet to be undervolted, 4GB RAM, 7200 rpm hard disk, 1440x900 LED on HD 3470