Quantcast x200 will not power on

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Guru

Default x200 will not power on

hi guys,

I am not sure what is happening here but it may seem that i have broken my laptop. I installed a new screen on my laptop a few days ago, and it worked fine but there was a buzzing noise. This morning I swapped back in the old lcd and in the process I must have done something wrong. After installing in the lcd, my notebook will not power on any longer.

The power LEDs turn on but nothing else. Could this be a result of a damaged inverter or something else?

Any suggestions?

Tuan

Notebook Virtuoso

Default Re: x200 will not power on

Did you try reinstalling it to make sure everything is plugged in properly?
    When you say nothing else is on do you mean no hard drive activity? Because if the screen was installed incorrectly, obviously it nothing would show up.

A couple people have done LCD swaps here so they could probably help you. Good luck.
    Thinkpad x200: Win 7 x64, P8400, 4gigs ddr3 (crucial 2x2gig), 80gig Intel X25m G2/64gig Samsung SLC SSD, Intel wifi5100, 9cell, fingerprint reader, BT, NMB keyboard, ultrabase driving HP LP2475w (displayport/dvi)

Guide to adding a bluetooth module in the x200

Notebook Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jaredy View Post
    Did you try reinstalling it to make sure everything is plugged in properly?
    When you say nothing else is on do you mean no hard drive activity? Because if the screen was installed incorrectly, obviously it nothing would show up.

A couple people have done LCD swaps here so they could probably help you. Good luck.
    Yea I doubled check to see if everything was installed correctly and it seems to be. I connected my external lcd to the laptop and nothing shows up either.

When I turn on the the laptop, the power leds will light but it does not seem to boot up.

Notebook Evangelist

Are you certain it is not powered on? I mean, when mine powers on I can barely hear anything...

Perhaps you can try an external monitor?
    Lian-Li X1000 Core i7-930 4.00GHz 6GB RAM Intel X25-M 120GB WD 640GB XFX 6950 1GB Win 7 x64 Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" IPS WUXGA Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Logitech G9/G11
    Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Core i5-2540M 2.60GHz 8GB RAM Intel 310 80GB Hitachi 320GB 16GB SDHC Intel HD Graphics 3000 12.5" IPS WXGA Win 7 x64 Logitech M705
    Apple iPhone 4S iOS 6.0.1 SPIGEN SGP Neo Hybrid II Bumper
    Amazon Kindle Paperwhite

Notebook Virtuoso

OP said he tried an external display. Pop out the battery hold down the power button and put it back in. Then try to turn it on.
    Thinkpad x200: Win 7 x64, P8400, 4gigs ddr3 (crucial 2x2gig), 80gig Intel X25m G2/64gig Samsung SLC SSD, Intel wifi5100, 9cell, fingerprint reader, BT, NMB keyboard, ultrabase driving HP LP2475w (displayport/dvi)

Guide to adding a bluetooth module in the x200

Notebook Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jaredy View Post
    OP said he tried an external display. Pop out the battery hold down the power button and put it back in. Then try to turn it on.
    Thanks for the suggestion but it isnt working. It looks like the power is cut off to the rest of the system. I opened the whole chasis up, and when I powered the laptop on, the fan spins momentarily and dies. If I leave the power on, the laptop gets warm. I dont know if that is indication that the cpu is on or not.

Purveyor of Truth

did you wear any static discharging device when you opened the laptop up? there is a chance you fried the motherboard.
    WIN A LENOVO YOGA FROM THINKSCOPES

Microsoft MVP & Lenovo Global Brand Ambassador

Notebook Evangelist

ok it looks like I will not be replacing any screens ... not worth it if laptop dies. I would say take it in for repairs.

Notebook Guru

Thanks guys.

I have tried everything and the thing will not turn on. I guess I can either get fixed or replace it.

From what I have described, how much would it cost me to get it fixed? Or should I just purchase a new laptop?

Purveyor of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by tuan209 View Post

From what I have described, how much would it cost me to get it fixed? Or should I just purchase a new laptop?
    it is probably cheaper to just get a used x200 laptop.
    WIN A LENOVO YOGA FROM THINKSCOPES

Microsoft MVP & Lenovo Global Brand Ambassador

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast