Quantcast Lenovo Thinkpad T410 Owner's Lounge - Page 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 100 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Notebook Guru

Default Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T410 Owner's Lounge

DisplayPort is its own port (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort). The T410 doesn't have HDMI. DisplayPort->HDMI cables are cheap though.

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by davidixon View Post
    DisplayPort is its own port (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort). The T410 doesn't have HDMI. DisplayPort->HDMI cables are cheap though.
    That would work for video, but unfortunately Lenovo didn't make audio through display port possible.
    T510/W510 Audio over displayport?
    -----------------
    Edit: Sorry I see this was already pointed out.
    IBM Thinkpad X40, Aug 2005/ T60 / x61s //
    Hope Next Thinkpad Has: USB 3.0, DisplayPort v1.2 with audio, 6Gb/s SATA 3.0, UEFI Instant on Bios, Great Screen, Super UltraThin Canoe Lake Design

Twitter.com/GDub_ My Avatar: BAC MONO

Notebook Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Convoluted View Post
    Well the poster does make a valid point regarding HDMI, in fact I don't think the T410 has one. They call it a "display port", which doesn't necessarily mean HDMI. Can any one confirm if the T410 actually has an HDMI?
    No HDMI but it has a display port. The reason is that DisplayPort is currently royalty free, while the HDMI royalty is 4 cents per device and has an annual fee of $10,000 for high volume manufacturers.

You can get Display Port to HDMI converters though if you are looking to hook it up to a TV.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the other replies :P

Notebook Guru

So, T410 owners. Final verdict. Is the t410 a good machine and worth the purchase?

NBR Reviewer

Yeah. I think it's differently worth it considering you can pick it up fully loaded for roughly $1000 compared to Dell computers.

The keyboard fairly solid, although it takes a little bit of time to get used to compared to the X61 Tablet keyboard that I have. It has no flex, and each key feels like it's individual. I think they changed the layout, so it takes some time to get used to, and I prefer typing on my Tablet at least in the interim.

Build quality is pretty solid. I don't feel any flex on the machine at all, and pushing the back of the screen doesn't produce any ripples either. Hinges are impressive (although I'm coming from the X61, so anything is impressive compared to a single plastic hinge).

The only thing I would say is that I'm not impressed by the i7 yet in terms of its multitasking ability. I've run into programs freezing a bit too frequently for my liking over these two days of having the machine.

To answer the question below: No, it's on the side. There's nothing on the main computer.

I have one qualm. The battery life for the discrete model is terrible compared to the T400. I was expecting something more than 5 hours given how much hoopla and praise there was for the T400's battery life.
    Last edited by Prince_Phoenix; 31st January 2010 at 01:30 AM.

Notebook Consultant

If I am reading PaAra's picture right, the microphone/ audio jack(s??) are at the bottom on the screen?? Whaat?.. The wires then have to snake around on the keyboard getting stuck in my fingers??

Hope its just late for me, and am seeing things!

Quote Originally Posted by PaAra View Post
    Can anyone check if the T410 has a "powered always on" 2.0 usb on its right side?

#4 <-----

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
    If I am reading PaAra's picture right, the microphone/ audio jack(s??) are at the bottom on the screen?? Whaat?.. The wires then have to snake around on the keyboard getting stuck in my fingers??

Hope its just late for me, and am seeing things!

14 are the microphone slots. The jack is on the side

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by siser View Post
    14 are the microphone slots. The jack is on the side
    Yes, it sits right next to 1.), the eSATA.

Notebook Enthusiast

...........................^
    Last edited by PaAra; 31st January 2010 at 08:22 AM.

Notebook Enthusiast

Is it possible to get the discrete graphics option with a 6-cell battery?

If you select the t410 w/ the nvidia card, it only allows you to choose a 9-cell battery. But the review and people on this forum are talking about how much battery life the discrete graphics version gets with the 6-cell battery..

I'm a little concerned that the 9-cell batter, sticking out of the back will make it that much trickier to fit into bags and such.. I'd probably just use the nvidia card when plugged in anyways, so the 9-cell isn't really necessary for me..