Quantcast Hidden Partition In R52 IBM notebook

Closed Thread

Default Hidden Partition In R52 IBM notebook

Friends
    recently I got my official notebook(old) . that is IBM R52 note book.
    in which i had a problem. the original OS of the machine was crashed and a pirated Os (XP SP2) installed. incidently I got all the back up drivers and softwares of IBM and installed and tried to activate the rescue and recovery console to get the genuine OS and a factory loaded state of sys. but unable to activate do so. because the back up was erased when the os was crashed. now i have a question in front of you, whether I can get the Genuine os from the hidden partition? I tried with Partition manager software also but the result is a big '0'. please guide me in this regard.

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Hidden Partition In R52 IBM notebook

Sounds like you need the recovery disks. Call Lenovo, there may be a fee though =/
    Current Laptop: Thinkpad T400 C2D T9600 2.8Ghz Ghz ATI 3470 Hybrid Graphics 14.1 WXGA+ LG LED 8GB Ram 320GB 7200RPM 9-Cell

Previous Laptop: Thinkpad T42 Pentium M 1.8Ghz Radeon 9600 14.1 SXGA+ 2GB Ram 60GB 7200RPM 9-Cell

ZaZ
    Super Model

Default Re: Hidden Partition In R52 IBM notebook

Do you have the recovery partition? If you need the discs, post over on ThinkPads.com. Someone may have a set over there cheaper than from Lenovo, which are usually $45.