Quantcast How is Lenovo's repair service (EasyServ) ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default How is Lenovo's repair service (EasyServ) ?

Hello everyone,

I am planning to send in my T61p in for repair (it has shutting off while playing games - Lenovo Support Doent here) However, I am a bit apprehensive about the quality of the repair and treatment of the laptop.

There is an 80 page thread on Lenovo's Official forums (link to thread here) filled with people complaining about long delays, "repairs" that do not fix the problem, and even reports of damage to the laptops people received back from Lenovo.

My question is, how has your experience with Lenovo's repair service been? Mine is being sent to the Lenovo/IBM EasyServ center in Memphis, TN. I would appreciate any feedback on your experiences with them, I am just so nervous about my laptop being damaged or held up in delays.

Thank you for reading this,

- Jin
    Last edited by jin_ftw; 25th November 2008 at 01:13 PM.

Notebook Geek

Default Re: How is Lenovo's repair service (EasyServ) ?

wouldn't it be better to find a local service provider and bring it in yourself instead of shipping your laptop away and going through all the hoops that Lenovo throws at you?
    Lenovo ThinkPad T400
    Intel P8400 2.26 GHz
    2GB DDR3
    80GB HD
    ATi 3470 256MB

Dell XPS M1210 - Stolen
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
    2GB DDR2 Ram
    80GB HD
    256MB Nvidia Geforce Go 7400

Notebook Deity

I had one time experienced with them, it was good. I didn't send my HD in. Mine didn't need to wait for supply, it was pretty fast.

Hope you good luck =]
    Dell SUCKS
    6th Dell Precision M4800 15.6": i7-4800MQ|K2100M // HGST Travelstar 1.5TB + 840EVO mSATA 500GB
    5th Dell Precision M4700 15.6": i7-3720QM|K2000M + PremierColor RGB
    4th Dell Precision M4500 15.6": i7-720QM|FX 880M
    3rd Asus N80Vn-X1 14.1": T5800|GF 9650M GT
    2nd Lenovo Thinkpad T61 14.1": T7300|NVS 140M
    1st Alienware M3200 12.1": M760|GMA 900

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by nx6288 View Post
    wouldn't it be better to find a local service provider and bring it in yourself instead of shipping your laptop away and going through all the hoops that Lenovo throws at you?
    How can I find a local service provider? Are they official Lenovo repair centers? (Sorry, I don't have any experience with this sort of stuff, never had a faulty laptop before).

Notebook Geek

http://bplocator.lenovo.com/
    be sure to select the premium partner to make sure your laptop is in good hands.
    Lenovo ThinkPad T400
    Intel P8400 2.26 GHz
    2GB DDR3
    80GB HD
    ATi 3470 256MB

Dell XPS M1210 - Stolen
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
    2GB DDR2 Ram
    80GB HD
    256MB Nvidia Geforce Go 7400

Notebook Enthusiast

The nearest one is about 7 miles from me:

Vicom Computer Services, Inc
    Premium Partner (*)
    Warranty Service Provider
    ThinkServer Warranty Service Provider (**)

I don't understand, why make me ship it all the way to Memphis, Tennessee when they could look this up and find one right near me? I mean, if they are certified, then what is the difference?

Edit: I called them and they said it'd take 2 weeks or more to order the parts and place me on the queue for repairs.
    Last edited by jin_ftw; 25th November 2008 at 01:55 PM.

Notebook Consultant

i had 1 experience with them too and they got my laptop back to me in 4 days after i sent it out. 11/14-11/18. with one sunday inbetween.

pretty decent job. i'd rate it an 8/10
    X200 :: P8600 :: 4gb :: OCZ Agility 60gb :: bluetooth :: external USB DVD+-RW :: Thinkpad 802.11b/g :: 6 cell :: W7 64

NBR Transmogrifier

Lenovo outsources their depot repair to Selectron. Memphis is one of their main depots. I believe they centralize for logistics (1 location for parts).

They will do a good job in a reasonably quick period of time as long as the fix is relatively straightforward (new HD, Mobo, Keyboard, LCD, etc.). I am not sure of their ability to perform complicated repairs, they tend to be a drop replacement part in computer and send it back operation.

Most likely they will give you a new Mobo/GPU/CPU. They should have no problem performing this fix, and your computer should work fine when you get it back. I would expect about 1 week for the turnaround (possibly longer with the Thanksgiving holiday).

Notebook Consultant

I've had to avail myself of Lenovo warranty repair 4 or 5 times, and it has been very good. 3-4 days to return.

In the case of simple Customer Replaceable Units (CRU's) like keyboards, batteries, etc. they offer just to send you the part. I think that's awesome!

Notebook Enthusiast

Well, I'll be dropping off my laptop at the UPS store tomorrow; hopefully I'll be back on here in a few days, and repeating your experiences :P

I just can't shake the feeling that something will get damaged >.< I know some people might treat others' machines somewhat roughly. I might take some photos of the laptop before I leave tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast