Quantcast How is the progress on Lenovo orders?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Notebook Geek

Default How is the progress on Lenovo orders?

Hi,

I was just wondering how the progress is on Lenovo orders? I ordered a week ago, and it says "In process". Will it change before it gets shipped? Ex. will it says "Building" or something?

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: How is the progress on Lenovo orders?

I ordered my X200 on 08/05/08 and it has stayed at the in process level since day one. Today is 09/15/08 so it has been almost a month and a half being delayed. They have claimed it is due to a shortage in the 9 cell battery, and today they are saying there was an error in my configuration on their end after they did a final hardware test that they do before shipping. So who knows where the mistake was in my order... I'll keep you updated and hope you don't experience such a long wait as I have...

Notebook Guru

I ordered 10 days ago and mine still says "In process" as well. Estimated ship date is 9/30.
    Toshiba A45-S250|Windows Server 2008|Windows XP Pro|Ubuntu 8.04|OpenSUSE 11.0|P4 2.4GHz|1GB|60GB 5400RPM
    Lenovo U330|Estimated Shipping: 9/30

Lew
    Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by novi84 View Post
    I was just wondering how the progress is on Lenovo orders? I ordered a week ago, and it says "In process". Will it change before it gets shipped? Ex. will it says "Building" or something?
    Not in my experience. It will sit "In Process" until it shows "Shipped" and presents a tracking number.

A call to customer service may net more details such as whether the order is in credit verification, being assembled, etc.

Notebook Geek

I ordered a T400 on Sunday 8/31 and it arrived Friday 9/5. I was happy!

Actual status updates on the order on their site are pretty vague and useless though from what I saw with my order.
    Thinkpad X31, T43p (soon to be on sale perhaps ), T400
    Got an old Dell Inspiron 8100 floating around too

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    Not in my experience. It will sit "In Process" until it shows "Shipped" and presents a tracking number.

A call to customer service may net more details such as whether the order is in credit verification, being assembled, etc.
    Credit verification, gee, that was a fun expierience. My order still says--in process. Oh well, perhapes I'm just being slightly impatient. My only real complaint is that the reply you get to an asked question varies from one rep to another.One salesman said my order was good to go, and another rep said I had to update billing info with my bank , for my order was on bank hold. My bank said that there was no record of anything being on hold, and after going back and forth between Lenovo and my bank, I finally got an E mail saying "congratulations your order has been accepted". Now this was a full week & a half after I placed my original order, so I guess that Lenovo is just now actually putting my build configuration in line with other orders to be built.
    Last edited by TravisBean; 15th September 2008 at 03:40 PM.

Notebook Guru

There are no steps between "in process" and "shipped." I was ranting about this in another thread. If Lenovo just gave more info on the order status website, I think it would save them a lot of phone calls from people wanting to know when their laptops are going to ship.

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by afty View Post
    There are no steps between "in process" and "shipped." I was ranting about this in another thread. If Lenovo just gave more info on the order status website, I think it would save them a lot of phone calls from people wanting to know when their laptops are going to ship.
    "Bravo!"....................

Notebook Geek

That's what I thought. I got the invoice/order confirmation mail the day after I made the order, and they put a hold on my bank account as well.

However, when I e-mailed my sales rep at Lenovo, i got this answer:

"I have sent a note in to the credit team to look at your order. They are behind with orders and are taking longer then expected to release an order form a hold."

Guess there are delays all over the place.

Notebook Enthusiast

I thought the shipping delays only applied to thinkpads ordered before all the problems with Lenovo's site got cleared up. I guess not. Or the problems are still there. Anyways, I ordered a W500 with 2 day shipping last Saturday and it wont ship until 9/29. But my delays are nothing compared to the delays I've been hearing about from you guys. I wonder, does choosing 2 day shipping actually delay your notebook?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast