Quantcast How is the progress on Lenovo orders? - Page 3

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Notebook Guru

Default Re: How is the progress on Lenovo orders?

I placed an order for my U330 on 9/05 and received a 10/03 ship date, then a 9/30 ship date, now a 10/06 ship date... hopefully it doesn't get pushed back more.
    Toshiba A45-S250|Windows Server 2008|Windows XP Pro|Ubuntu 8.04|OpenSUSE 11.0|P4 2.4GHz|1GB|60GB 5400RPM
    Lenovo U330|Estimated Shipping: 9/30

Notebook Geek

I don't get how this works:

First I get the order confirmation, then after a day I get a "Thanks for the purchase"-mail, and they put a hold on the order amount in my bank account. Then some days later the hold goes away, and when asking Lenovo they say it is in line for credit check. Wouldn't it be easier to just have the hold on the bank account, and cash it when they ship the computer?

Also, the Lenovo sales rep confirmed a shortage on the 9-cell battery. He could not say whether or not the order will be further delayed, but I guess it's a fair chance for it :/

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by novi84 View Post
    I don't get how this works:

First I get the order confirmation, then after a day I get a "Thanks for the purchase"-mail, and they put a hold on the order amount in my bank account. Then some days later the hold goes away, and when asking Lenovo they say it is in line for credit check. Wouldn't it be easier to just have the hold on the bank account, and cash it when they ship the computer?

Also, the Lenovo sales rep confirmed a shortage on the 9-cell battery. He could not say whether or not the order will be further delayed, but I guess it's a fair chance for it :/
    Ours is not to question " why ", but to buy a Lenovo,... or shop at Best Buy.
    Last edited by TravisBean; 17th September 2008 at 08:00 PM.

Notebook Evangelist

My est ship date just got bumped from 17 September to 1 October http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/lenovo.html

Notebook Evangelist

T61--Well, I just spoke to some guy from Lenovo, swears that he will upgrade me to the T500 if my order cancels, I'll Believe that when I see it, says that the T61's are starting to move out better now, so since I dont have another laptop lined up, I'm gonna stick it out just a lttle longer.

Notebook Consultant

I ordered a Y730 on 9/5 with a ship date of 10/3 So far it still shows a ship date of 10/3.

'keeping those fingers crossed'

Notebook Consultant

Thanks for that link Fulltilt. I feel much better now. lol

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Todd4300nc View Post
    Thanks for that link Fulltilt. I feel much better now. lol
    Unfortunately I dont feel any better. Retail sales is a dirty business , I used to sell big screen TV's on commission, I have knowledge of the type of mentality that goes on behind the friendly sales pitch, and thats what scares me. Over the internet, they dont even have to look you in the eye.
    Last edited by TravisBean; 18th September 2008 at 09:17 PM.

Notebook Consultant

hehe My point was I don't feel much better about ordering from Lenovo after reading about those problems. But then we all know that every notebook no matter who made it has a chance of having problems and getting someone from customer service who really doesn't care about your problems.

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Todd4300nc View Post
    hehe My point was I don't feel much better about ordering from Lenovo after reading about those problems. But then we all know that every notebook no matter who made it has a chance of having problems and getting someone from customer service who really doesn't care about your problems.
    Yes, you are right.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast