Quantcast integrated camera problem

Closed Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default integrated camera problem

Hi guys,

i just received my t61 and am loving it!

only problem that i'm getting is when i use the integrated webcam for msn live, its very washed out/too much white. I have tried to adjust the settign using the msn webcam tool, and been heavily tweaking but with no avail.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a issue like this, or can recommend me some settings or webcam calibration tools.

Also the webcam is a bit fuzzy, its not focused properly, can anyone help me with this?

Thanks a lot in advance,

btw my screen is perfectly clear, no dead pixels, used this forum to tweak vista and its running like a charm!
    vista performance score of 3.4

i'm getting on high performance a rating of 3:45h of battery life with t9300, integrated graphics 9cell bat (does that seem right?)

Notebook Deity

Default Re: integrated camera problem

Quote Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
    Hi guys,

i just received my t61 and am loving it!

only problem that i'm getting is when i use the integrated webcam for msn live, its very washed out/too much white. I have tried to adjust the settign using the msn webcam tool, and been heavily tweaking but with no avail.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a issue like this, or can recommend me some settings or webcam calibration tools.

Also the webcam is a bit fuzzy, its not focused properly, can anyone help me with this?

Thanks a lot in advance,

btw my screen is perfectly clear, no dead pixels, used this forum to tweak vista and its running like a charm!
    vista performance score of 3.4

i'm getting on high performance a rating of 3:45h of battery life with t9300, integrated graphics 9cell bat (does that seem right?)

Could someone clarify me on that tweaking part a little bit? Thanks.

Super Moderator

cn_habs,

Unfortunately, I have the same issue. The only workaround I've been able to discover is to adjust the camera settings using Yahoo! Messenger, which I'm not positive if it's the same as MSN's. Either way, the integrated camera is very light sensitive. What this means is that it will focus on the subject with the most light. Is there anything overly bright behind you? It really helps when you're in a well and evenly lit area, too.

Yahoo! Messenger also has a sharpness adjustment that may help with the fuzziness.

Quote Originally Posted by cn_habs View Post
    Could someone clarify me on that tweaking part a little bit? Thanks.
    Here you go,

NBR Vista Tips and Tweaks Guide

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Arkit3kt View Post
    Thanks a lot!

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Arkit3kt View Post
    cn_habs,

Unfortunately, I have the same issue. The only workaround I've been able to discover is to adjust the camera settings using Yahoo! Messenger, which I'm not positive if it's the same as MSN's. Either way, the integrated camera is very light sensitive. What this means is that it will focus on the subject with the most light. Is there anything overly bright behind you? It really helps when you're in a well and evenly lit area, too.

Yahoo! Messenger also has a sharpness adjustment that may help with the fuzziness.

Here you go,

NBR Vista Tips and Tweaks Guide

Thanks a lot, that was quite informative, can you attach a screen shot of your webcam please (picture taken with webcam)? i just want to compare, and i'll check on my laptop tonight, thanks!