theres some programs I want to delete but wanted to make sure it was ok to before I do, im trying to clean up my new t61 the best I could..
heres some of the programs..
1. norton internet security....is this free or is it any good?>
2. lenovo registration..keeps popping up on start up, do i have to register through this?
3. bunch of windows programs..
a. windows calendar
b. windows contacts
c. windows defender
d. " phto gallery
e. " movie maker
f. " meeting space
g " update
4. PC doctor 5 for windows... pretty big file, should i keep this?
5. picasa 2.. this looks useless
7. multimedia center for think offerings...what is this?
anyways some of these programs I cant find through the control panel add/uninstall programs... how can I delete some of these?
Or the short version:
If a program is listed under add/remove, it can be uninstalled safely. If it warns you that programs X, Y and Z won't work if you continue uninstalling, you'll have to decide if you need X, Y and Z.
And if a program is not listed there, it's most likely part of Windows, and can not be removed.
I personally recommend you keep Windows Defender and the Multimedia Center. Windows Defender is an realtime antimalware program and the Multimedia Center Offerings are the Sonic burning utilities as well as the DVD player software.
The rest from the list seem like junk to me.
If you want to uninstall programs you can't see in the Add/Remove, try right clicking the program's shortcut and select properties. Find the target of that shortcut and looking around in that folder for the uninstall wizard.