Quantcast Intel Turbo Memory Controller: This Device Cannot Start (Code 10)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default Intel Turbo Memory Controller: This Device Cannot Start (Code 10)

Well, luck would have it that I check up on my device manager and to my dismay, the good old, yellow exclaimation pop up afront off Intel Turbo Memory Controller and double clicking on it get me:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

I remember there was a thread on the board regarding this issues, but it didn't get much attention. Anyone know any solution to this issue. I upgrade to the latest driver from Microsoft (instead of the Lenovo one), reboot and the problem still persisted. Would greatly appreciate any input.

Notebook Guru

Default Re: Intel Turbo Memory Controller: This Device Cannot Start (Code 10)

Try the Intel drivers, here. Be sure to download the ones for your OS.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
    Try the Intel drivers, here. Be sure to download the ones for your OS.
    I think you meant to link to the Intel Turbo Memory drivers here .

Notebook Guru

Whoops, you're right...sorry .

Notebook Geek

In the BIOS, your SATA mode needs to be set to AHCI or else you get the error you're getting. What OS are you using? Did you do a clean install with the SATA mode as compatibility? If so, you'll probably have to reinstall when you switch to SATA since windows won't boot.

Notebook Consultant

If by chance you are using Windows XP, you can get rid of the yellow exclamation pop-up by installing the Lenovo Intel Turbo Memory Windows XP Yellow Exclamation (!) Eliminator.

Intel Turbo Memory only works with Vista, but if you have done an XP downgrade, or just configured your system with Turbo Memory for future use, this gets rid of that annoying little yellow triangle .

Notebook Consultant

I didn't check the bios when I did the clean install but I upgrade from Premium to Ultimate 64 so I didn't think the XP issue should be a problem here. If the system come with Premium, what usually is the pre-config mode, AHCI or Compatibility? I already downloaded and installed the latest driver from Intel but problem still persisted. Any additional inputs would greatly be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Notebook Consultant

Ok, I just check my BIOS and it's already preset to AHCI mode. Now I am really puzzle as to what the problem would be since I already try to update the driver and there's also no XP involved; it's preset to AHCI mode. Really weird indeed.

After having the same problem, I added one step and upgraded the bios to the most recent release version 1.26 for the Vista 32bit T61 Lenovo. Then reset the SATA controller mode option to AHCI. After rebooting, the Intel Turbo Mode Console was now activate (previously not); and both Windows Ready Boost and Windows Ready/Drive were enabled (previously disabled). Total associated cache is 1 GB. On the same page, the Intel Flash Cache Logic Chip shows as a subset (subdirectory) of the Turbo Memory Controller. In Device Manager, the yellow exclamation disappeared as did the Code 10 warning. All is well.

Notebook Consultant

So did you have to change your BIOS to Compatibility first before you reset it to AHCI or can you just leave the BIOS as is then update the BIOS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast