Quantcast T61 Delayed

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 92 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: T61 Delayed

Notebook Guru

Default T61 Delayed

I just received an email this morning from lenovo stating that my order is now delayed from 1 to 30 days. I thought I was making a good decision ordering from them but now I am sort of starting to regret it. I know a few other people on this forum ordered the same time I did (5/9) and had the same estimated shipping date (5/28) I would like to know if their order also got delayed. I also read on another thread something about a shortage of nvidia cards, that doesn't matter because mine had integrated graphics. I don't need my laptop anytime soon, but it's just the principle of the matter. Maybe I should cancel and get something different.

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: T61 Delayed

Quote Originally Posted by TroubledMind View Post
    I just received an email this morning from lenovo stating that my order is now delayed from 1 to 30 days. [. . .] Maybe I should cancel and get something different.
    I'm VERY close to doing the same. I ordered mine on 5/20. I'm going to call this morning and find out shipping dates, but I expect that it's been delayed as well. I'm in the middle of writing a book and getting ready to go on vacation, so my desktop is out of the picture and I need a replacement for my current laptop.

So goes it when buying brand new hardware. Always an adventure.
    Jim Cheshire
    JimcoSoftware.com
    JimcoBooks.com

Laptops I've Owned:
    ThinkPad (unknown model - work machine years ago)
    Four different Toshiba models
    Sony Vaio
    T61

Notebook Evangelist

I ordered mine on 5/11 and still have a shipping date of 5/30. I have no doubt in my mind that once tomorrow passes the shipping date will be pushed back. If people who had earlier ship dates than me haven't recieved them why would I be the exception.

Lenovo is not dealing with this properly. They're setting themselves up for failure by not informing customers why they're computers are being delayed. Be upfront with your customers...they obviously knew last week that my computer wouldn't be getting shipped on time. They should send emails out explaining the reason for the delay, whether it be a shortage of part or a bug with the systems being created. Don't wait until after the estimated shipping date to send out an email saying your shipment is delayed and not give a reason.

Maybe I should've went with the HP dv. It would've been a few hundered less and I would've already had it in my hands.

NBR Super Moderator

I've been hearing a LOT about Levono laptops being delayed for long periods of time. I'd give them a call.
    Desktop   15" Macbook Pro Retina
    W7 Ultimate, Core i7 4770k, Crucial M500 240GB SSD   
    16GB RAM, GTX 780, 3x Dell U2412M Surround
       Mavericks, Core i7 4750HQ, 8GB RAM
       256GB SSD, 32GB iPad Air

Notebook Evangelist

jimco, they will run around the issue with you. I called on friday trying to find out an update on my system besides the "in process" status and they don't tell you anything. If you have the august shipping date I don't know, but I'm sure they have some canned response.

Notebook Consultant

I just bit the bullet and ordered from PC Connection before all of you swarm over there and they run out. The only thing I gave on was that I got a T7300 instead of a T7500 (probably a better choice), a 5400rpm instead of 7200rpm (oh well), and I gave up the Intel Turbo Memory. I figure I can get the 7200HD drive (isn't that what they call it?) when it releases and fix both of those with likely better performance. Also getting a 6-cell instead of 7-cell, but that's okay.

PC Connection will ship it today and I'll have it tomorrow. I did have to pay for Vista Ultimate Edition even though I've already got it, but no biggie.

Now I just need to cancel my Lenovo order and I'll be set. I feel a little hypocritical since I said yesterday that people were overreacting, but today's developments with delays from Lenovo make me worry that it won't be getting better anytime soon.
    Last edited by Jimco; 29th May 2007 at 09:30 AM.
    Jim Cheshire
    JimcoSoftware.com
    JimcoBooks.com

Laptops I've Owned:
    Sony Vaio
    T61

Notebook Consultant

There are a whole slew of options now that, if selected, say they will delay your shipment. They may as well just say that if you select a computer, it will delay your computer.

I was on hold on the chat tool and number 1 in queue to cancel my order. I waited at number 1 for about 45 minutes and then dropped. I immediately reconnected and now it says I'm at number 18 in the queue. Seems like Lenovo's having a few issues.

I'm glad I'm not answering phones at Lenovo today! I imagine that some people are probably going to be upset with them.
    Jim Cheshire
    JimcoSoftware.com
    JimcoBooks.com

Laptops I've Owned:
    Sony Vaio
    T61

Notebook Evangelist

So around when should i expect the computer that i ordered on 5/13?

Notebook Guru

I don't know, I got such a good deal on the thing, even the recent sales are more expensive then what I payed. Like I said before I think I would like the notebook a great deal, I don't need it anytime soon. I would definitely like it before I go back to college at the end of august. The only other thing I am considering is canceling my T61 order and ordering the Dell XPS m1210, that or maybe an X60

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by jmwein View Post
    So around when should i expect the computer that i ordered on 5/13?
    Apparently, orders that were supposed to ship today are delayed at least 30 days. My order is supposed to ship in a week, and by then, Lord only knows how long the delay will be.

I don't think anyone could answer your question except to say that it won't be anytime soon.
    Jim Cheshire
    JimcoSoftware.com
    JimcoBooks.com

Laptops I've Owned:
    Sony Vaio
    T61

Page 1 of 92 123451151 ... LastLast