Quantcast Is it worth waiting for y410p sli?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Is it worth waiting for y410p sli?

    750m sli on a 14 inch for ~1k sounds great....but I've heard so many things about it being pushed back constantly, as well as not knowing if anything comparable (price+performance wise) will turn up in the next few months (I'd be willing to wait if something better is coming out in the next 3-5 months).

    Any input is appreciated

  2. #2
    Notebook Prophet
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Prince Ed's Island
    Posts
    6,520
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Is it worth waiting for y410p sli?

    No, just save yourself the trouble and get the Y510p SLI instead.

    Or wait a few months for something else to come out.
    Lenovo Ideapad Y410p + DIY Desktop

  3. #3
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Is it worth waiting for y410p sli?

    Quote Originally Posted by jobine702 View Post
    No, just save yourself the trouble and get the Y510p SLI instead.

    Or wait a few months for something else to come out.
    Alright thanks for the answer!

    This may be off topic of this subforum, but do you know of anything coming out in the next 3-4 months that could compete with 750m sli at ~14 inches (at around the same price range)?

  4. #4
    Notebook Prophet
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Prince Ed's Island
    Posts
    6,520
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Is it worth waiting for y410p sli?

    Quote Originally Posted by carterofearth View Post

    This may be off topic of this subforum, but do you know of anything coming out in the next 3-4 months that could compete with 750m sli at ~14 inches (at around the same price range)?
    MSI GE40 packs a GTX 760M in a 14 inch package for 1100$ And Clevo W230ST packs a GTX765M in a 13 inch package for 1200$.

    Upcoming Gigabyte P34G will pack a GTX760M, pricing is unknown, but probably around the same as the MSI.
    Lenovo Ideapad Y410p + DIY Desktop

  5. #5
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Is it worth waiting for y410p sli?

    Quote Originally Posted by jobine702 View Post
    MSI GE40 packs a GTX 760M in a 14 inch package for 1100$ And Clevo W230ST packs a GTX765M in a 13 inch package for 1200$.

    Upcoming Gigabyte P34G will pack a GTX760M, pricing is unknown, but probably around the same as the MSI.
    K, I'll probably end up going with the y510p.
    20-30% better graphics than the 760m-765m and I don't really mind the extra weight.

  6. #6
    Notebook Prophet
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Prince Ed's Island
    Posts
    6,520
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Is it worth waiting for y410p sli?

    If you live in the US, i really recommend buying from here:

    XOTIC PC | LENOVO IdeaPad Y510p (59375625)

    On a side note, i would have really loved a Y410p SLI for 999$. Would have put the Razer blade/GE40 to shame
    Last edited by Jobine; 23rd September 2013 at 04:15 PM.
    Lenovo Ideapad Y410p + DIY Desktop

  7. #7
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Is it worth waiting for y410p sli?

    Quote Originally Posted by jobine702 View Post
    If you live in the US, i really recommend buying from here:

    XOTIC PC | LENOVO IdeaPad Y510p (59375625)

    On a side note, i would have really loved a Y410p SLI for 999$. Would have put the Razer blade/GE40 to shame
    Nice link!

    I actually don't quite have the budget just yet, so I'll wait a month or so and if nothing comes of the 410 sli, I'll def go with the 510.

    Thanks man

  8. #8
    Notebook Prophet
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Prince Ed's Island
    Posts
    6,520
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Is it worth waiting for y410p sli?

    Quote Originally Posted by carterofearth View Post
    Nice link!

    I actually don't quite have the budget just yet, so I'll wait a month or so and if nothing comes of the 410 sli, I'll def go with the 510.

    Thanks man
    I really recommend buying from them, for 3 reasons:
    - They charge 120$ less than Lenovo themselves
    - They have better support than Lenovo
    - They offer a 95% gamut screen as an option, great if you plan on doing professional photoshop
    Lenovo Ideapad Y410p + DIY Desktop

  9. #9
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Is it worth waiting for y410p sli?

    Just a few more things.

    I head that the biggest problems with the y510p are the trackpad, heating, and I read something about it's weakpoint with graphics was in the CPU.
    1. any news on if the trackpad is any better?
    2. Would it be worth it to upgrade the $35 and get the IC Diamond Thermal Compound?
    3. Would it be worth the $245 to upgrade to the 4800MQ?
    4. Would it be worth the $69-79 to upgrade the HDD to run at 7200RPM?

    And I'll probably end up getting the better display(web design)

  10. #10
    Notebook Prophet
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Prince Ed's Island
    Posts
    6,520
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Is it worth waiting for y410p sli?

    Quote Originally Posted by carterofearth View Post
    Just a few more things.

    I head that the biggest problems with the y510p are the trackpad, heating, and I read something about it's weakpoint with graphics was in the CPU.
    1. any news on if the trackpad is any better?
    2. Would it be worth it to upgrade the $35 and get the IC Diamond Thermal Compound?
    3. Would it be worth the $245 to upgrade to the 4800MQ?
    4. Would it be worth the $69-79 to upgrade the HDD to run at 7200RPM?

    And I'll probably end up getting the better display(web design)
    1. Trackpad is way better than it used to be. If your trackpad sucks, just update drivers and disable unused gestures.
    2. Yes. That will lower your temps by quite a good amount. Undervolting helps too. But you can always buy paste for cheaper and do it yourself at your own risk.
    3. Heck no.
    4. No, get a SSD, preferably an aftermarket one.

    Also you might wanna take a look at this:

    Custom Laptops, Gaming Notebooks, Custom Gaming Laptops | XOTIC PC
    Lenovo Ideapad Y410p + DIY Desktop

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1