Quantcast Ideapad Y510P - Page 102

+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 401 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4003
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: Ideapad Y510P

  1. #1011
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Ideapad Y510P

    Please never report the Windows battery estimation. It is always wrong and VERY inaccurate.

    SpecialSymbols, try doing what Ken did and use the integrated HD for your next battery run. Should be considerably more battery. If you truly get around 5 hours battery, I might consider the y510p... It is lighter than the GT60 and around the same performance FPS-wise (aside from SLI microstutter).

  2. #1012
    Notebook Geek
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Ideapad Y510P

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenstang View Post
    I have been getting around 5 hours. One thing that I know we could do is get the dvd drive, and basically when you are not gaming have the optical drive in, and select the 4600HD. Then when you are gaming you just pop it in. It would be so nice though if they would just somehow enable it to let you select what you want when you want it.
    The estimator at one point even said 7 hrs, although I knew there was no way that would happen. Running it on hd4600 been giving me 5 hrs or a little less. Not the greatest but certainly better than the 2-3 hour range I was getting on the dedicated gpu.

  3. #1013
    Notebook Prophet
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Prince Ed's Island
    Posts
    6,549
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Ideapad Y510P

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenstang View Post
    The estimator at one point even said 7 hrs, although I knew there was no way that would happen. Running it on hd4600 been giving me 5 hrs or a little less. Not the greatest but certainly better than the 2-3 hour range I was getting on the dedicated gpu.
    Clean the bloatware + strip down the OS + Minimum brightness @ idle and you could hit 7 hours.

  4. #1014
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Ideapad Y510P

    320.49 - BETA is out
    Drivers | GeForce

    after updating to 320.49, SLI version 3dmark11 dropped from 5100 to 4600
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4702MQ,LENOVO 20217

  5. #1015
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Ideapad Y510P

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSymbols View Post
    I just tested the battery life and it lasted me about 2:55 hrs before shutting down on me when the battery hit 6%. This was with watching only Youtube videos, some netflix, and some browsing. Brightness was about 60%. Pretty disappointing considering Lenovo advertises 5 hrs.
    Is that with the SLI or the regular version? Just going to jump in here as an MSI GE60-2OE-003US owner and say I'd be happy if I got 2 hours 55 minutes battery. The life of this machine is awful, around 2.5 hours - and I've got Optimus!

  6. #1016
    Notebook Prophet
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Prince Ed's Island
    Posts
    6,549
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Ideapad Y510P

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSymbols View Post
    I just tested the battery life and it lasted me about 2:55 hrs before shutting down on me when the battery hit 6%. This was with watching only Youtube videos, some netflix, and some browsing. Brightness was about 60%. Pretty disappointing considering Lenovo advertises 5 hrs.
    Was that with the intel or Nvidia GPU? SLI or non SLI?

  7. #1017
    Notebook Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Ideapad Y510P

    Quote Originally Posted by fergucen View Post
    320.49 - BETA is out
    Drivers | GeForce

    after updating to 320.49, SLI version 3dmark11 dropped from 5100 to 4600
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4702MQ,LENOVO 20217
    Well that's not good. Are you going to go back to the old drivers? Hopefully it's just a matter of time before they get most of the big stuff ironed out, I really want to buy a laptop.

  8. #1018
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Ideapad Y510P

    Ok guys I can report that I did what Kenstang did exactly. After playing around with it I can report that from just browsing with about 90% brightness and no backlit keyboard, my battery indicator is showing that with 82% of battery I have 6 hr and 38 min.
    Laptop:
    (Current) Lenovo Y510p- l 15.6" Matte l Intel i7-4700MQ l GT750m SLI l 12GB RAM l 1TB HDD + 24GB SSD l

    (SOLD) MSI GT60- l 15.6" Anti-Glare l Intel i7 3610QM l GTX 670m l 12GB RAM l 1TB Raid 0 HDD l

    Desktop:
    EVGA GTX 660 ti l AMD Phenom II Quad BE 3.6ghz l 6gb G.SKILL RAM l 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD l NZXT Phantom 410 White l

  9. #1019
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Ideapad Y510P

    Its really sad. I couldn't find best cooling pad for y500. Since I am searching very badly from 4 days. Its paining in a$$ . i need a best cooling pad. What you people say about deepcool multicore x6. it has 4 fans. But in a big dilemma whether it chills my lap or not. Can someone please suggest me a good one. Definitely will be apritiated much.
    Thank you

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

  10. #1020
    Notebook Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,362
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Ideapad Y510P

    Quote Originally Posted by gnan10 View Post
    Its really sad. I couldn't find best cooling pad for y500. Since I am searching very badly from 4 days. Its paining in a$$ . i need a best cooling pad. What you people say about deepcool multicore x6. it has 4 fans. But in a big dilemma whether it chills my lap or not. Can someone please suggest me a good one. Definitely will be apritiated much.
    Thank you

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I got the Cooler Master NotePal X-Slim 160mm fan. It was super cheap(I think I paid $15 shipped on Amazon). It's only 1 fan but you really don't need much to cool that laptop. Just the gap alone was more than enough to keep your lap cool. The laptop itself has plenty of ventilation to keep itself at good temps. The laptop sit on it perfectly with the edges of the pad resting just under the edges of the laptop. It's very light too. I hate complicated and expensive pads, which is why I went with that one.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Computer Upgrade King?
    By Cableman in forum Reseller Feedback Forum
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 18th April 2014, 05:32 PM
  2. Lenovo y500 750m concerning question
    By rbchampion24 in forum IdeaPad & Essential
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 28th May 2013, 04:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1